Know who to pull for: week 13 (1 Viewer)

We need the Bears, Cowboys, Seahawks and Panthers to lose.

I would like to see both Falcons and Rams win. Falcons because we need them to stay in the play off hunt and beat the Panthers. Rams, because if I was to choose a wild card team I'd rather it is the Rams. They do not look convincing at all. (and we have their number)

Great Job, st. dude... Only one disagreement: There is no Jessica/Romo romance connection. It was all started by a Dallas Magazine Blogger.

If its that easy to get a rumor in the news we ought to start a rumor that Jessica Simpson is dating someone on the saints forum. Who would we pick? I dunno. I think a lot of people could see her with a st dude type.:D

jess_smiles_020.jpg

Or I could see Simpson with a Dan in laf type. OJ that is.:D:D

I'm pulling for the Giants to beat the cowgirls. For one, I can't stand Dallas. For another, look at it this way. If the Giants win, the cowgirls go to 7-5. We then play them. If we beat them, they go to 7-6. They could be almost out of the hunt if that happens.

I'm pulling for the Giants to beat the cowgirls. For one, I can't stand Dallas. For another, look at it this way. If the Giants win, the cowgirls go to 7-5. We then play them. If we beat them, they go to 7-6. They could be almost out of the hunt if that happens.

That is clearly the more aggressive strategy that works great IF we beat Dallas. Thats a pretty big IF. But if we dont beat Dallas and the Giants do, it may put us in a position of having to beat a Giants team in NY in December to beat out the Giants for a wild card spot. We may have to do that even if the Giants lose depending on how our other games go.

I am pulling for teams that give us the best overall chance to make the playoffs. Once we get in, I'll pull for teams that give us the best seed.

6-5 Carolina at 5-6 Philadelphia -
Philly is in trouble with McNabb hurt, but they have a fine defense

They most certainly do not. I agree that the Panthers could drop this one like they did at Washington, but the Eagles do not have anything resembling a fine defense. They can be had through the air with their poor safety play from Michael Lewis or his replacement (their corners are overrated and always been helped by a good pass rush and safety play) and you can run on them as Joseph Addai showed with 4 rushing TDs

One thing to remember guys is that we have shut down the opponents RB for the most part. I know big plays have killed us but we can stop this guy if we play sound football like we did the last 2 weeks against C Williams and W Dunn

They most certainly do not. I agree that the Panthers could drop this one like they did at Washington, but the Eagles do not have anything resembling a fine defense. They can be had through the air with their poor safety play from Michael Lewis or his replacement (their corners are overrated and always been helped by a good pass rush and safety play) and you can run on them as Joseph Addai showed with 4 rushing TDs

The eagles have the 6th rated overall defense in the NFC. http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFC/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

Its not a great defense, but I think its fair to call them a comparatively good defense and figure they at least have a chance to cause problems for the panthers who rank near the bottom in NFC offenses.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFC/OFF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

The Eagles have certainly struggled against the run, especially in the last few weeks, but for some reason I just don't see the Kitties owning them like these other teams have; Carolina really hasn't done any one thing well all season, as befits a team with a 6-5 record that has led in the fourth quarter of 10 of its 11 games.

And their corners are certainly not overrated. Lito Sheppard is one terrific player you'd love to have on your team. Sheldon Brown can be beat, but he's still a legitimate NFL starter. Nickel back Rod Hood, who for some reason has been in the doghouse all year, is somebody that, because he's played so little this year, won't command as much on the open market (he'll be a UFA, IIRC), and is someone we ought to be taking a look at as a value-based CB signing in the spring.

I can see the Eagles rising up and taking this one on Monday.

I'm still angling for the no. 2 seed, so normally I'd be Giants all the way. Still, the fact that we play the Cowgirls next week puts more of an onus on us beating them than whatever happens this week, because the way the NFL tie-break system works, one win against a team is effectively like two. Because of all the hype + division game issues for Dallas-Giants, we are sort of a trap game for the Cowboys in any event. I could live with the Cowboys blowing out the Giants and coming home fat and happy, since it does have the salutary effect of dropping the Giants two games behind us (assuming we win), although since we play the Giants on Christmas Eve, we have to remember that it doesn't matter when we play them if we're a game ahead, tied with or a game behind them when we line up with them.

I guess I'm going Cowboys and rolling all the dice on catching them flat and satisfied next Sunday night.

Good job. The only one I disagree on is Dallas -- they should always lose, simply because they are Dallas.

That being said, if we can just win out, it doesn't matter what the other teams do (except for Dallas, who needs to lose).

This one I had to think about and grabbed a glance at the schedule:

Bears - Rams, TB, Detroit, GB: Unless they totally collapse, they should run the table on those 4. So if they end up 13-3, we can't catch 'em. So it wouldn't matter.

But if you think we're gonna run the table and believe that the Bears will lose to the Vikes and one other team, then you have to pull for the Vikes.. .(cause then both are 12-4, and we win tie-breaker on NFC wins.)
I think the Bears can and will drop at least two games. They barely survived the Cardinals. While their defense is scary good, their offense depends solely on which Rex Grossman shows up to play.

Don't be surprised to see a 12-4 or even a 11-5 Bears team.

The key to who to pull for between Giants-Cowboys is this:

Do you want to play a Cowboys team on a winning streak.... or a Cowboys team who just lost a huge divisional game???

If its that easy to get a rumor in the news we ought to start a rumor that Jessica Simpson is dating someone on the saints forum. Who would we pick? I dunno. I think a lot of people could see her with a st dude type.:D

jess_smiles_020.jpg

Or I could see Simpson with a Dan in laf type. OJ that is.:D:D

Believe it or not, in this case, it was that easy. It simply lingered and grew because neither Simpson or Romo had commented on it until this week. Romo confirmed this week (on a blog, if you can believe that) that they were not dating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom