know who to pull for: week 2 (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We had a very strong kwtpf week last week. We won four out of five games, and that a lot in kwtpf. Remember we are not picking who we think will win and not getting points. More often than not we are pulling for the weaker team to beat the stronger team, so 4-5 is a very good week.

The biggest win was Philly over division rival Carolina. Many folks will be quick to write Carolina off now as they looked really bad. Its way too early to jump to that conclusion. Carolina has a good running game and a defensive minded coach, two attributes that often translate into wins. We will see.

SF knocked off Arizona in a bit of a surrise win for us. Dallas hung a loss on Tampa which is a mixed bag. I do not have the same feel for Tampa being a threat this year with no real qb and a new coach.

The other big win for us was.....I forget. Oh yeah. It was us beating the almost hapless Lions. But a win is a win and a conference win is the next best thing to a division win. Who knows, maybe Detroit hangs a loss on someone down the road.

Atlanta beating Miami was our biggest setback. It would have been a great kwtpf week had the Falcons lost. And that takes us to our first game this week:

0-1 Carolina @ 1-0 Atlanta - How easy is this one. Well of course its not easy to pull for the Panthers but we do want them to beat the Falcons in Atlanta. The great thing about an inter division game like this is if the worst happens with the Falcons winning-----it means the Panthers lost. I like Jake as a quarterback, just not as a human being. :D

0-1 St Louis @ 0-1 Washington - Is it just me or are there some really bad looking teams out there this year. A few years ago it seemed like most all the teams looked decent. This year we have a handful of truly bad NFL teams and St Louis is one of them. Washington is more in the not so good, not so bad mold. We want St Louis to win. How about that? We are pulling for the Panthers and the Rams so far.:jauhnny:

0-1 Cincinnati at 1-0 Green Bay - This is an easy one. A relatively weak AFC team on the road against a relatively strong NFC team. Its one of those games we do not expect to win but you never know. The Bengals are not one of the awful teams out there. They do have Carson Palmer and upchuckcinco who is already threatening to do the Lambeau leap. Lets hope he does it a lot.

0-1 Arizona @ 0-1 Jacksonville - Tell me again how Aizona made the super bowl. You can come back from an 0-2 start but the odds are not with you even that early in the season. If the Cardinals start 0-2 they have to go 10-4 over their next 14 games to get to 10-6. This is a very doable win for the Jaguars and we want them to win.

1-0 Minnesota @ 0-1 Detroit - Go Lions. Has Bret retired this week yet? Will Stafford improve? Will the Lions ever win a game? After what Mike Bell did to Detroits defense, what will Adrian Peterson do?:covri: So many questions. We want the answer to be a Detroit win.

0-1 Tampa Bay at 0-1 Buffalo - A bad team against a dumb team. If a bad team like the Bucs fall to 0-2, which they should, their chances of winning ten games to get to 10-6 are very poor. Tampa's defense has even lost its swagger. Go Bills.

1-0 Seattle @ 1-0 SF - Finally a kwtpf game that is kind of hard to pick. Usually you would go with the visiting team to hang a loss on the home team. I am just not convinced the 49ers are for real. That means pull for them over Seattle. I think Seattle is the bigger threat long term. I will not argue with anyone who pulls for Seattle as its almost unbearable to have to pull for the Panthers, Rams and 49ers in the same week. :puke:

1-0 Pittsburgh at 0-1 Chicago - Now here is an easy one. The Bears blew a game they could have won last week, lost Urlacher for the season and get the super bowl champs. I will be flipping over to this game a lot to watch and hope Cutler can top last week with four picks.

1-0 NY Giants @ 1-0 Dallas - A very hard kwtpf game. But I hate Dallas and while the Giants are good, I jst dont think they are juggernaut good. Easily the best kwtpf game of the week to watch. I am going to go with the Giants. I will not argue with anyone who pulls for Dallas. The best thing about this game is that a likely division and/or wild card contending team will lose. The worst thing is one will win. Is it too much to hope for a tie?

1-0 New Orleans at 1-0 Philly - Did I mention I was going to this game? :9: Yup, my niece is getting married in Philly and I am going to the stadium where they boo Santa. Wish me luck. McNabb with cracked ribs the very week we go to Philly? Will it be our year to get some freaking breaks? God knows its our turn. A 2-0 start with a win over a big conference foe would be huge.

Last man standing contest:

As a bonus we will play last man standing for those who want to play. It will work like this. We will have two games to pick against the spread. Lose one and you are out. Next week we will have two more games for those left standing. Ties move on. Last man standing with no losses wins.

This weeks games are Giants plus three at Dallas and Carolina plus 6 at Atlanta.

I will take the Giants and the Falcons.

Last edited:
I'll take the Giants and Falcons as well.

I still wont root for San Francisco though.:hihi:

Thanks for the the kwtpf, st (dot) dude. Are you still going to rock a SAINTS jersey at the stadium?

I'll take NYG and CAR, svp!

[edit]: I'm with you on SEA possibly turning out to be good when it's all said and done.

Last edited:
Dallas and the points and the Falclowns to cover in a big way.

Great job, dotless one. I've got to root for the Giants on Sunday night. When all things are equal, the sight of Jerry Jones sour face after they get beat at the debut of his precious Death Star Stadium would be almost more fun than a Saints win in the City of Brotherly Shove.

giants and the panthers...
something tells me, Carolina will play inspired.

1-0 Seattle @ 1-0 SF - Finally a kwtpf game that is kind of hard to pick. Usually you would go with the visiting team to hang a loss on the home team. I am just not convinced the 49ers are for real. That means pull for them over Seattle. I think Seattle is the bigger threat long term. I will not argue with anyone who pulls for Seattle as its almost unbearable to have to pull for the Panthers, Rams and 49ers in the same week. :puke:

I probably should give Arizona more credit than this, but I think this game and it's counterpart in Seattle will decide this division.

I think SF is a playoff contender (albeit a weak one) simply because of the division they are in. Seattle is a better team than they were last year because of the chaos of Holmgren announcing retirement early and all the injuries. As much as I hated Mora Jr. in Atlanta, is why I like him in Seattle (my team-in-law). He's a dang good coach.

Dallas and the points and the Falclowns to cover in a big way.

You are giving three points with Dallas, not getting.

What about the Raiders?
The Raiders are an AFC team who play another AFC team this year. The outcome of that game is not important to the Saints chances to make the playoffs.

Thanks for the the kwtpf, st (dot) dude. Are you still going to rock a SAINTS jersey at the stadium?

Still debating that. Several folks have suggested we will enjoy the game a lot more incognito, but I have never not worn colors to an away game before. If I wear black and gold underwear does that count? I am thinking probably only if thats all I wear. :D

Great post as usual, dotless one. We should hear from you more often.

I'll take the Giants- I've hated the Cowgirls since I grew up a Redskins fan- and Carolina with those points. They can't be as bad as they looked last week...can they??

Love seeing the kwtpf posts, makes choosing which channels to flip between easier.

I am going to go with the running teams, Panthers and Giants

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom