know who to pull for: week 7 (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This week the Saints get to play their fourth New York team in a row when they travel to Miami, winter home to half of New York City. I do not know much about the Dolphins. I think Tony Soprano is their coach and Chad Hennengton or something is their quarterback.

Years ago I got the best of a man and let him know it. He gave me a bit of advice I will always remember. "The sun don't shine on the same hog's a s s every day," he told me. I took it to mean every dog has his day. Enjoy your wins but be careful not to gloat.

Well the sun has sure been shining on the Saint's rear ends lately and we are all in our right to enjoy it. It was shining on the Giant's butts too until Sunday. I guess the moral is to enjoy it, but don't get cocky. All indications are the Saints look great , but last week until noon kickoff all indications were the Giants had a great defense. You just never know. Last I checked no team with five wins ever made the playoffs, so there is a lot of work left to do.

We are getting to that point in the season where Know Who to Pull For starts getting interesting. No one is mathematically eliminated from anything, but some are getting quite mathematically challenged. We have some really good games and some real stinkers this week.

5-0 Indianapolis at 0-6 St Louis - Who ever coined the phrase "on any given Sunday any team can win" never watched the 2009 St Louis Rams play. Yes, they might win a game on a given Sunday against Tampa or Cleveland. But not against the Colts. We can still pull for the Colts who, to the chagrin of some Saints fans, some believe to be the best team in football. The only chance the Saints will get to play them and find out is if both teams go to the Super Bowl. Then we will have beaten five NY teams, counting NY-South in Miami, and two Manning teams.

4-2 New England at 0-6 Tampa Bay - When is the best time to kick a man? When he is down of course. Even so, pulling against Tampa in this one is like pulling for Mike Tyson to beat up Justin Timberlake. I am actually okay with that now that I think about it. Pull for New England. Brady will probably hang a hundred on Tampa.

3-2 Green Bay at 1-5 Cleveland - Tired of games where the AFC teams mop up with the NFC games? Then this one is for you. The only surprising thing about Cleveland is that they won a game. We would love for them to win another as I happen to think Green Bay has a play off team. Should the saints stumble and lose their division (Atlanta is right on their heels), Green Bay could be a wild card contender and will probably stay so after this game. Pull for the Browns. What, no hard games to pick this week?

6-0 Minnesota at 4-2 Pittsburgh - Are you one of those fans that gets all riled up if someone doesn't rank the Saints first in their power poll? Then you might want to watch this one, the game of the week, because if Minny wins they will jump the Saints in some voter's minds. Heck, if Minnesota beats Pittsburgh to go 7-0 in Pittsburgh, they get my vote, too. We all know how important power rankings are in week six. Pull for the Steelers big time. Yes I know it's dumb to worry about home field advantage in week 7 but I just can't help it.

3-2 San Francisco at 3-3 Houston - Here is a pair of Jekyll and Hyde teams going at it. One week they both look great, the next not so much. The 49ers really folded the tent against Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and I am still holding that against them. I hope the Texans clean their clocks. Clean their clocks? Where does that come from anyway? Why would we want the 49ers to have clean clocks? Got me.

2-4 Buffalo at 2-3 Carolina - Whats with all the AFC v NFC games this week? Each week I say watch out for the Panthers. At 0-3 they looked to be in deep trouble. At 3-3 with two shots at the Falcons and two shots at the Saints they are very much in it, feeling their oats with a three game winning streak. Carolina has a defense and a running game. I am afraid that might be enough to beat the Bills. I hope not. I would feel much better if the Panthers droped to 2-4. And what does "feeling your oats" mean anyway? Who thinks up all these dumb expressions?

4-1 Atlanta at 3-2 Dallas - Here is the three o'clock game all Saints fans will be watching and here are the three words so very hard for Saints fans to hear: Pull for Dallas. Yes, this one is a no-brainer. Atlanta appears to have a solid team and is a real threat to us in the South. And as much as many are down on Dallas, they are right in the thick of it in the East. Dallas is not a really good team this year, nor are they one of the many awful teams around. If Atlanta dismantles Dallas like they did San Francisco, they are definitely for real.

3-2 Chicago at 4-2 Cincinnati - Another AFC-NFC game where we obviously want the AFC team to win and they just might. Chicago figures to be a wild card contender up until the end and a loss here hurts them. This could be a good game.

3-2 Arizona at 4-1 New York - Finally, a hard game to pick. We have the tie breaker over New York. Arizona was a Super Bowl team last year and I do not want to see them go to 4-2. Even so, its probably best for us if Arizona wins and we sure soften the Giants up. Pull for Arizona but do not be completely disappointed if they lose.

3-2 Philadelphia at 2-4 Washington - No way Philly loses this game. Wait a second. Did Philly lose to Oakland last week? Way. I do not think Philly will lose but we should hope they do. I do not think either of these teams makes the playoffs.

5-0 New Orleans at 2-3 Miami - Get ready for the Wildcat. It's really deceptive. They hike it to a running back who fakes a hand off and runs it. I would hope we have a scheme to stop that. You know, like stay in your gaps and tackle. Miami presents yet another test for the Saints. Can the Saints come off an emotional big game win and beat a not so bad, not so good team they should beat? I hope so. It's the type of games good teams win. It's the type of game good teams that have not been there before sometimes lose. I like our chances a lot. This year's Saints team has more veteran leadership than it ever has and that helps in games like this.

Last edited:
It all makes sense, but the Dallas/Atlanta game is a horrible situation. It's too bad both teams can't lose.

st dude, I was just feeling my oats when I started to clean my own clocks? Should I feel remorseful, dirty, or somewhat relieved? Please help.

yes, we need the Cowboys to show up and beat the Falcons. I think there is a chance because the Cowboys are coming off a bye week and they are at home in the death star stadium.

"Last I checked no team with five wins ever made the playoffs, so there is a lot of work left to do."

"Even so, pulling against Tampa in this one is like puling for Mike Tyson to beat up Justin Timberlake. I am actually okay with that now that I think about it."

"Get ready for the Wildcat. Its really deceptive. They hike it to a running back who fakes a hand off and runs it. I would hope we have a scheme to stop that. You know, like stay in your gaps and tackle."

I break down the KWTPF like a JFK consipracy theorist looks at the Zapruder film.

Very funny, st dude.

I look forward to these each week. Excellent job as always.

Oh, and 8 out of 9 members found this post helpful. WTH? This weekly staple post is allsome. Seems like someone out there is, dare I say, jealous?

st dude, I was just feeling my oats when I started to clean my own clocks? Should I feel remorseful, dirty, or somewhat relieved? Please help.

It sounds like you should either go to confession or lay back and smoke a cigarette. Heck, you should probably do both. :eek:

I don't mind saying it:

GO DALLAS!!! KILL THE STINKIN FALCONS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom