know who to pull for: week 8 (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Last week was the best kwtpf week ever by a long shot. In know who to pull for you are more often pulling for weaker teams to beat better teams. As a consequence you rarely have a winning record. You just hope a key division opponent loses and maybe have another conference contender get upset.

Last week we went 9-2. Winners were:
New England over Tampa
Buffalo over Carolina
Pittsburgh over Minnesota
Cincy over Chicago
Dallas over Atlanta
Indy over St. Louis
Arizona over New York
Houston over San Fran
:saintshelmet: over Miami :rock:

Our losers were:
Philadelphia over Washington
Green Bay over Cleveland

The big wins for the Saints, aside from their own win, were Atlanta, Carolina, Minnesota, Chicago and San Franciso losing. That is a lot. Carolina has about eliminated themselves from anything but a spoiler role. Atlanta finds themselves in an almost must game against the Saints. If they fall three games back they are in big trouble with the laundry list of losers the Saints have left on their schedule.

We had a lot of AFC v NFC games last week and the AFC went 5-2. That pulled them ahead of the NFC. AFC teams are 53-52. NFC teams are slightly behind at 50-51. That is an important statistic to watch for wild card wannabes. In the weaker conference at the end of the year a 9-7 or even 8-8 record can get you a wild card spot. In the stronger conference sometimes 10-6 does not get you in. Here are this weeks games:

0-7 St Louis at 1-5 Detroit - You know, I guess I could save some time by not even including these yawners that have no impact on anything. We have three unwinned teams and three one win teams in the NFL. All six teams are absolutely awful. I guess we pull for the Rams but if you are wanting them to go unwinned the whole year that is okay too.

3-3 San Francisco at 6-0 Indianapolis - This is an easy one. We want Indy to be a perfect 18-0 when we get them with our perfect 18-0 in the superbowl. Hey, it could happen. :D

5-2 NY Giants at 4-2 Philadelphia - Is it cool or what that we owned both of these powers from the East. With Dallas coming on, the NFC East is an interesting division. This one is kind of a toss up but since the Giants have more wins than Philly, pull for the Eagles. We have tiebreakers over both teams.:9:

2-4 Seattle at 4-2 Dallas - Was it hard to pull for Dallas last week? Not for me. They gave us some needed room over the Falcons and that game was really looking big for us when we were down 21 to Miami. Now you can go back to your regular Cowboy mode. Pull for them to lose on a last second Romo pick.

1-6 Cleveland at 3-3 Chicago - Raise your hand if you are enjoying Cutler struggle. We want Cleveland to win but I am afraid this is a game where the NFC makes up a little ground.

6-1 Minnesota at 4-2 Green Bay - Obviously the big game to watch Sunday for a number of reasons. I think Aaron Rodgers is the next big qb in the NFL and that Green Bay is the second best team in the NFC after the Saints. We want them to win this game and then start losing. If you have not looked lately, take a look at Rodgers stats. Green Bay made the right decision long term letting Favre go.

2-4 Carolina at 4-2 Arizona - Toughest kwtpf game of the week. Do you want to bury Carolina in the South or are you cocky enough to think they are zero threat to the Saints and you want to gain home field advantage over Arizona? I am going to go with burying Carolina. If we did lose to Atlanta and Carolina went to 3-4, they might just sniff some hope.

4-2 Atlanta at 6-0 New Orleans - This is a big game in so many ways. If we can go three games up on Atlanta it would take an epic meltdown by the Saints to lose the South. You know when I figured this year was different? Its when we missed the extra point against Miami and did not lose by one. In the past a missed Saints extra point was a virtual guarantee that the other team would score with no time on the clock to beat us by one. Is God finally evening out the score for us? Its our turn, dammit. :saintshelmet:

Last edited:
I say pull for the Panties, why not?! I dont seem them as a threat even with a loss this monday night...but we wont lose.

Let's get cocky! We deserve to!

Good stuff again this week. Thanks, let's hope we can have another week like we had last week!

0-7 St Louis at 1-5 Detroit - You know, I guess I could save some time by not even including these yawners that have no impact on anything. We have three unwinned teams and three one win teams in the NFL. All six teams are absolutely awful. I guess we pull for the Rams but if you are wanting them to go unwinned the whole year that is okay too.

We played the Lions and beat them, so wouldn't we want them to win? I know this isn't college, but isn't there some sort of playoff tie breaker based on opponents record?

What about the Broncos vs Ravens? I think the Ravens will win.

Its an AFC game with no impact on Saints playoff chances. And the picks are not who I think will win, its who we want to win to give the Saints the best chance to make playoffs or get top seed. .

I'd like to see the Panthers win, for a few reasons.

First, that would mean they will keep Delhomme as the starting QB and is just what we want....Sharper would be licking his chops for this.

Second, I kind of want the NFC West to be in the same shape as the NFC East. Let these teams beat each other up, so come playoff time....they aren't resting anyone and don't give any starters a chance to heal up for the first round game. Just like tiring down a defense...we want to tire down opposing teams. The closer the race, the less likely a team is going to sit guys, pull them, or keep them on the sidelines to heal.

Third, I just don't see them as a threat and it would give me nothing but pleasure to have them coming off a win and then get the snot knocked out by us the following week :D

Both AFC teams. What they do to each other doesn't matter to the Saints.

I agree with all your picks this week :)

No question, bury Carolina. Its never easy cheering for the Cowgirls even if it is vs. Atlanta so this week it feels good to go fully against them like usual.

That game has zero affect on the NFC, that is probably why he didn't list it in the KWTPF thread..:scratch:

Until the Saints ACTUALLY win the NFC South I will ALWAYS root for our divisional opponents to lose. ALWAYS. It does us no good to root for HFA if we have not won our own division yet.

Therefore, I am pulling against the Panthers, Falcons and Bucs.

Now, I want Jake Delhomme to actually do well in the loss so that they keep that liability at the helm of QBing the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom