know who to pull for: week five (1 Viewer)

49'ers over Falcons ... this will be a close game. Root hard for Coach Singletary. Remember, he's the one NFL coach who's not afraid to pull his pants down in front of his team. Will he ever live that down? Any team with Patrick Willis on their defense has a chance.

Washington over Carolina ... it would be nice but don't expect the dysfunctional Redskins to do us any favors. Carolina has a good chance to win its next 3 games in a row.

Raiders over Giants ... forget it. Maybe they'll spike the Giants Gatorade with LSD (Remember the movie Wild in the Streets?). Otherwise, the only thing you'll get out of this game is tragic/comic football from Coach Cable's Raiders. If the Giants were to lose this game, Coach Coughlin would have them running laps at 5:30 a.m. on Monday morning and seeking psychological counseling the rest of the week.

3-1 with a loss only to the Eagles.

It's getting a bit difficult at this stage with the NFC South teams except that we always want the second place team to lose, i.e. Atlanta. Carolina is the puzzle. TB is toast. Later, we'll want the next best NFC South to lose, always. If they can keep beating each other, the Saints will win the division, step 1 to home field afvantage and a bye week.

They should beat the Chiefs, but how fun will the meltdown be in Dallas if they do not. Go Chiefs.

This would be unbelievably delicious if that happens.

Give me:

SF -2 1/2
Washington +3 1/2

talked to st dude and asked about putting these numbers up for ya'll.
Right now the Saints stand at a 74.32% chance of making the playoffs.
The games this week will have this impact on our chances, bold being better for us

49ers <b>1.4</b> Falcons -1.4
Panthers -0.4 Redskins <b>0.6</b>
Chiefs <b>0.4</b> Cowboys -0.4
Rams <b>0.3</b> Vikings -0.4
Giants -0.3 Raiders <b>0.3</b>
Eagles <b>0.3</b> Bucs - 0.3
Cardinals -0.2 Texans <b>0.2</b>
Seahawks -0.2 Jaguars <b>0.2</b>
Lions -0.1 Steelers <b>0.2</b>

Good job St Dude as always.

SF -2 1/2
Carolina -3 1/2

Congrats Mikaloyd :0023:

Raise your hand if before the season you had the Saints at 4-0 heading into their bye week.

I truly wanted to raise my hand on that one. I had it up only about shoulder high. But I've been a Saints fan waaaaaay too long to start 'counting chickens' after preseason.

Sad to say, my feelings are much the same about the next four games.
:scratch:

I doubt if I'll ever feel that any game we play in the future will be considered 'in the bag' no matter how good our team may get.
:covermyeyes:

New game starts this week. Pick both games and last man standing wins.

Atlanta +2 1/2 at SF
Washington +3 1/2 at Carolina

I'll take Atlanat and Carolina and hope I lose both.:D

SF and Carolina

I truly wanted to raise my hand on that one. I had it up only about shoulder high. But I've been a Saints fan waaaaaay too long to start 'counting chickens' after preseason.

Sad to say, my feelings are much the same about the next four games.
:scratch:

I doubt if I'll ever feel that any game we play in the future will be considered 'in the bag' no matter how good our team may get.
:covermyeyes:

I hear ya, Bill. It's hard to believe. But this team looks legit.

"End up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up"

- B. Springsteen

SF and Carolina for me as well.

Agree with your Bucs/Eagles assessment. Aint it nice to pull for the Bucs this early in the year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom