know who to pull for: week four (1 Viewer)

Pull for GB. GB won't be a threat to homefield advantage, which is what we're gunning for right now. I don't think Minnesota will last in that discussion towards the end of the season when Favre's lack of condition and age makes him plummet off a cliff in terms of production, but Minnesota at least has an outside shot at making a run for HFA.

We always, always want Minnesota and the NY Giants to lose (except against Atlanta) for that reason.

I think that's a good reson to pull for them (Favres) now, and hand GB the loss, as in all probability the vikings will fade later in the season, where GB has a greater likelyhood of being better, if not decent down the stretch.

Skins over Bucs. The Skins suck and are not a threat in any way to the Saints (IMO). Plus we play them, along with the rest of the NFC Yeast.

I'll keep rooting against the other teams in the NFC South until the Saints have clinched the division. Worry about Dome field advantage after clinching a playoff spot.

first game : Chicago -10 at Detroit

First tiebreaker : Dallas -3 at Denver

Second tiebreaker: GB + 3 1/2 at Minnesota

mikaloyd takes Detroit + 10 over Chicago

1st tiebreaker I take Dallas -3 over Denver

2nd tiebreaker I take GB + 3.5 over Minny

Your move NPS6724:covermyeyes:

I'll keep rooting against the other teams in the NFC South until the Saints have clinched the division. Worry about Dome field advantage after clinching a playoff spot.

That's a more specific idea than the one I was thinking of. It should get easier to figure out which team to pull for as the season progresses,

The hierarchy of tiebreakers gets complicated. I'm just happy we're talking about the playoffs instead of next year's first draft choice (which should be a left tackle :D ) .

I can't help it I was pulling for the Panthers against the Cowboys

Any AFC team playing Any NFC Team, plus the yucs, cats, and clowns must loose.

1-2 Detroit at 2-1 Chicago - Its hard to count the number of reasons to pull for Detroit. First of all they are the weaker of the two teams. Maybe you dislike Cutler. Some remember the way Chicago fans treated Saints fans in Chicago. The Saints already have the tiebreaker over Detroit. Whatever your reason is, pull for Detroit. If God is really a Saints fan he will give us a home game against the Bears in the playoffs.:17:

1-2 Seattle at 3-0 Indianapolis - Almost always pull for the AFC team in an inter conference match up. There are some rare scenarios where one might pull for the NFC team but this is not one of them. Who will win the West this year? I doubt a wild card comes out of that division. Pull for the Colts.

0-3 Tampa at 1-2 Washington - This is a very close kwtpf game. Washington would appear to be the bigger threat to us in a wild card race. As Eeyore argued last week though, worry about your division first. I can go either way in this game. In most any other season I would say pull for Washington, but this year I think Tampa is just an awful NFL team and in terms of probablity the Skins would be the bigger threat down the road. . Its tough because the Redskins are not much better. I will pull for Tampa and will not argue a lick with those who pull for the Skins. An 0-4 start would almost bury the Bucs. I am not sure it makes much difference as I do not expect either of these teams to seriously be in the hunt come December.

3-0 NY Giants at 0-3 Kansas City - Here is a no brainer. Pull for the hapless Chiefs and be happy you do not live in Missouri where the big debate is who is worse, the Chiefs or the Rams? The Giants should win this one easily and there is one nice side benefit from that. How big will the game in New Orleans with the Giants be if both teams are undefeated?:covri: Buy your tickets now, the price will only go up from here.

2-1 Dallas at 3-0 Denver - Like you need me to tell you who to pull for in this game. We do get Dallas at home down the road and they are certainly a team that could be in the conversation in December. Pull for the worst 3-0 team in the NFL, the Broncos, and hope the better team does not win.

0-3 St Louis at 2-1 San Francisco - Thats the hard thing about kwtpf. Every now and then you get a game where Saint's fans have to pick between two evils. The funny thing is the Rams are so terrible I have no problem pulling for them to beat a SF team that looks for real.

2-1 Green Bay at 3-0 Minnesota - Pick your poison here. Either way we lose, either way we win. I see both of these teams as being potential playoff teams. In the end I am pulling for Green Bay for two reasons. Lets knock Minny from the ranks of the undefeated. The other is the Favre factor. Count me in the group that thinks Favre jacked the Packers and their fans around. He went from being one of my favorite players to one of the most self absorbed athletes the game has ever seen. What a huge sub plot this game has.

3-0 Jets at 3-0 New Orleans - In the next two games the Saints play two New York teams with a combined 6-0 record. Even if they split those games, they will be in great shape. Your biggest game is always your next, but a win over the NFC Giants would trump a win over the Jets. I really like the Saints chances against the Jets. Sanchez has been great so far, but think of what a fully enclosed Tiger stadium on Saturday night against a Florida would sound like and that will be the superdome on Sunday. Things are falling the Saints way for a change(but for the season ending injury to Brown). We get Philly without McNabb. Carolina and Tampa are in really down years. After this NY stretch, the Saints schedule will include two games each against the 0-3 Bucs and Panthers together with games against the Dolphins, Rams and Redskins. We have a few tough, but winnable games mixed in. So far so good.

The Saints beat an undefeated team, so in my book that's a win for the week, regardless of the other outcomes. Nonetheless, the rest of the week was up and down.

The big win has to be Denver over Dallas. Putting aside the pure dislike of the Cowboys, this game meant a lot simply for NFC implications. Dallas may not be an elite team. Or they may be. It's hard to get a read on them, but this gives the Saints two games worth of separation between the Cowboys should any potential wild card scenarios need to play out...and while I know it's easy to hope/assume the Cowboys will fade and the Saints will win the division, you should never take anything for granted. This was the "win" of the week for the Saints outside the Dome.

You can put the Colts win over Seattle in the same light, although the Seahawks are looking even less organized than the Cowboys at this point.

I would also count the Skins beating Tampa as another positive for the Saints. That loss all but buries Tampa, and perhaps even breaks their spirit. The Saints will get the Bucs twice in the 2nd half of the season, and those two games should ideally prove to be two division and conference wins.

The Vikes/Packers game is a bit of a wash to me. That was a tough one to choose a side on I believe. Like the Cowboys, this loss by the Packers gives the Saints a two game cushion on the Packers, but it keeps the Saints even with the Vikes for any potential home field advantage scenarios.

Likewise, the Saints are still even with the Giants, though I don't need to mention that they'll see them in 2 weeks at the Dome.

The rest of the games could have gone better, but we already know you'll never have a "perfect" week in the NFL, so just accept the Bears and 49ers wins as they appear, victories that a good team should always win...because the Saints have a few of those themselves coming up later this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom