know who to pull for: week thirteen (1 Viewer)

Random thought...Does the 2 seed have to be a division winner? I've never seen the scenario (that I remember), but imagine if we and the Falcons both go 13-3. We'd lose the division by tiebreaker to Atlanta, but still have a better record than the other 3 NFC division winners.

Remember when the Yucks started out 9-3 and ended up missing the play-offs? :smilielol:

Point being...lots of games left to be played, WHo dAt.

Sorry to inform you guys, but we won't lose Sunday against the Buc-a-roos :mwink:. However, great breakdown by St. Dude...

Random thought...Does the 2 seed have to be a division winner? I've never seen the scenario (that I remember), but imagine if we and the Falcons both go 13-3. We'd lose the division by tiebreaker to Atlanta, but still have a better record than the other 3 NFC division winners.

The two division winners with the best records among the four division winners get byes. The third division winner hosts the second rated wildcard team while the fourth division winner hosts the wildcard team with the best record.

As it stands right now the NFC West winner would host New Orleans in a wild card game. it is possible that a 7-9 Seattle could win their division and host a 12-4 Saints wildcard team.

This is the spot we find ourselves in due to the home loss to Atlanta. Atlanta's remaining schedule is such that if Tampa does not beat them, they will almost surely win the South division.

5-6 Houston @ 7-4 Philadelphia - It must be hard to be a Texans Football fan. They are the biggest tease team in football. They opened the season beating Indianapolis and followed that up with a win at Washington. Since then they have been 3-6. The good news for Houston is that they are in the AFC South, the kissing cousin of the NFC West, and are only one game out. Philadelphia has probably been the most consistently good NFC team over the last ten years. They are in a dogfight in the East (no pun intended Vick fans) and need to win this game. There is no guarantee that a wildcard team comes out of the East. Pull for Houston.

I pulled for Houston. They had the lead in the second half and blew it in true Texan fashion.

Eagles 34 - Texans 24

Philly advances to 8-4.

I agree with everything said except.... Isn't this week 13?
Yes it is. Thanks for the catch, fixed it. Must have left out our bye week. You would think my editor would catch that.:D

St. Dude rocks. :rock:

Thanks, bro. :cool:

:

Thanks pal, if only the wife and kids agreed. :D And whats with the dot? :idunno:

Sorry to inform you guys, but we won't lose Sunday against the Buc-a-roos :mwink:. However, great breakdown by St. Dude...

The Bucs are hard to figure out. The Saints handled them easily in Tampa, but just about every other game this season they have been very competitive. They could have beat Atlanta in Atlanta so this one is no gimme for the Falcons.

The bad news is our final game of the season is with the Bucs and that is no gimme either, despite how the Saints handled them earlier.

And there is no dot in dude. :rant:

Its a long story. You get a pass, ndcc should know better.

:ezbill:

This is the spot we find ourselves in due to the home loss to Atlanta. Atlanta's remaining schedule is such that if Tampa does not beat them, they will almost surely win the South division.

Freaking Hartley. Ughh.

Yes, he's still got some latitude built up from his ridiculous accuracy during last year's post-season run but man, that missed 29 yarder to beat the Falcons is really looming large right now.

Then again, our offensive performance (pun intended) at Arizona looks to be pretty damaging as well.

Great write-up as usual St Dude. :9:

As far as Hartley's miss, he missed a gimme last year that costed us a game that we lost in OT but then became money in the post-season and we won a Super Bowl. He missed a gimme that cost us a game in OT, so maybe he'll be money in the post-season and we'll win another Super Bowl!!

This feels like the biggest KWTPF week yet. Great breakdown st dude.

there's no ambivalence about this one whatsoever... we're past the point of just wanting to the make the playoffs. we want to win the whole ball of worms! (again). and we have the talent to do it. an atlanta win makes this weekend makes that much, MUCH more difficult.

on the other hand, as you say, an a falcons division win suddenly leaves us controlling our own destiny & the possibility of 2 home playoff games is very real.

kwtpf games don't come any bigger.

I suppose you mean a Falcon's division loss leaves us in control, or a Tampa win, same thing.

The ambivalence comes in if we lose to the Bengals. Should that happen, a Tampa win might have the effect of lessening our chances to get to the playoffs by bringing Tampa more into the picture.

I do agree we want home field advantage and want Tampa to win. I do not necessarily agree we are past the point of just wanting to make the playoffs. You can not win it all if you do not get an invite to the dance.

We will know a lot more after Sunday's games. I enjoy this part of the season where so many games can impact our chances. The games with the Bears, Giants and Packers are all big too. Sunday will be a great day for watching football.

The Bengals game is big because of our remaining schedule. If we win we go to 9-3 and get the Rams at home next week. I figure the Saints would be somewhere between 8 and 10 point favorite over St Louis. Getting to 10-3 would take a lot of pressure off making the playoffs.
Agreed... at 10-3 we likely just need 1 more win to clinch a spot.... and how hard can it really be to get 1 win in your last 3 games with the playoffs on the line... :scratch: :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom