know who to pull for: week three (1 Viewer)

Great post. I'll be cheering for carolina, though. I basically just want Dallas to lose every game this season at home in that new stadium.

as for the elimination game, i'll take a couple road teams this week.

San Francisco +7 at Minnesota
and
Chicago -2 at Seattle.

Have you actually seen Atlanta play this year? I watched them last week and wasn't impressed. The QB everyone is in love with looked like a rookie to me. Sharper will eat him alive when the time comes.

Thinking us, the Giants, and the Vikes will be the only undefeated NFC teams after Sunday. Its already a 2 horse race imo, but the Panthers and Bucs should both be 0-3 so it'll be nice after only 3 weeks to only have to beat 1 other team to ensure the easiest path to the playoffs.
We do not want to have to play a Manning in the Superdome in a playoff game in the dome. It's like a home game for them.:no:

I agree, we need to pull for Carolina to beat Dallas for conference record reasons. We can take care of Carolina on our own. On top of that, Carolina will be a non factor by mid season anyway - so them beating Dallas does us a favor - the South will be a 2 horse race regardless.

Win the division first. I remember the 2002 Saints started 6-1 only losing to Detroit due to gutless performances by Turley and Brooks. The SSF was psyched and counting wins on the schedule while dreaming up playoff match-ups.

They failed to make the playoffs.

A good start guarantees nothing. I'd rather see division opponents getting smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror than to worry about home field advantage. Winning takes care of home field advantage.

It's like trying to get monkeys not to throw their own mess: you can not root for your divisional opponents to win at this point. Every loss by them, with a win by us puts us closer to winning the NFC South.

It just sounds insane when I hear Saints fans wanting their own rivals to win, just to beat Dallas. That directly hurts our chances.

I am not sure why this is a difficult concept to grasp.

It's a nice post. I agree with everything you say (with the exception one of the choice of who to root for in Tampa v's NYG being "hard". That's not a "hard call at all. Go Bucs!). :9:

Oh, also I think that it's important for us if the Jets beat the Titans. Huge game, and we want the Jets to be coming into the Dome sky-high feeling like a loss to the Saints wouldn't be the end of the world.

I know we can beat the Jets regardless, but I'd much rather them coming in with full bellies after "eating the cheese" and a 3-0 record.

I agree, we need to pull for Carolina to beat Dallas for conference record reasons. We can take care of Carolina on our own. On top of that, Carolina will be a non factor by mid season anyway - so them beating Dallas does us a favor - the South will be a 2 horse race regardless.

I can see this line of thinking and I will be rooting for Carolina (because of my hate for the Cowboys/Jones/Romo), but I think the OP is correct in that Carolina could still be a threat if they started 1-2 and got hot. With Tampa that is absolutely not the case.

Can't pull for Dallas dotless one... sorry bro. I hate the Panthers too, but dammit I can't root for the Cowboys... EVER. :hihi:

As usual, good stuff dude. Can't disagree with anything.

I'll take Chicago and New England.

My root fors:
KC over Philadelphia
NY Giants over Tampa - Until we get a 3 game lead.
New England over Atlanta
St Louis over Green Bay - the less cellar dwellers we face looking for their first win the better.
San Francisco over Minnesota - I agree might be significant in homefield advantage. I dont care if the 49ers run away with the division.
Detroit over Washington - Detroit is better then the media thinks.
Seattle over Chicago - Seattle is too old to make it through a whole season, I hope they smack around the other NFC teams while they are still healthy.
Indy over Arizona
Dallas over Carolina - Again I want a 3 game lead on teams in our division.
New Orleans over Everyone

I am not sure why this is a difficult concept to grasp.

If we lose to Atlanta they might win the division. In which case we might be fighting Dallas for the Wildcard spot.

I still pull for Dallas though until we get a 3 game lead on them, considering we can take care of our own business with Dallas later in the season. Asuming Dallas loses to the Giants again, Phily once, Atlanta, Green Bay and us thats 6 loses and a head-to-head for us.

Still Dallas has one of the weakest schedules in all of the NFL, if they lose the game against the Panthers I wont be sad.

All I know is that when I'm at the grocery store on Sunday mornings and everybody's wearing a jersey or otherwise sporting team colors, the Cowboys people don't seem to bother me. Esp. the guys with the jerseys of old DAL players. At least you know those people have been there for a while. Now, as for all the people with BRAND NEW Rothlisberger and Hines Ward jerseys? I guess what I'm getting at is screw the Panthers.

Also, go Pats go. I hope this is the week that Brady re-ups that demonic pact he signed a few years back. I dunno, you can get a second mortgage on your house, it seems like you should be able to sell your soul a few times? Can he cash out some equity, so to speak, by promising to raise one of his new children in the light of the Morning Star? Who knows, I'm not a banker (nor a demonologist), but all the same I will be pulling for the Pats.

I wanted to add one consideration into your decisions on KWTPF. If we have beat them already (Detroit and Philly), we want them to win over a team we haven't beaten (against NFC conference teams ONLY) if all else is even. Why? Because if all else is even, we want the team we have the first TIE BREAKER over in line rather than a team we haven't played (or have lost or might lose to).

This means that games like Detroit vs. Wash is easy. Detroit. For no other reason but that if Detroit makes a run, and ends up tied in record with us (won't happen, but you get what I'm saying), we have the first tie breaker wrapped up.

So Philly vs. KC wouldn't matter because they are AFC. All else is not even, because they don't matter in our playoff run.

That help?

I wanted to add one consideration into your decisions on KWTPF. If we have beat them already (Detroit and Philly), we want them to win over a team we haven't beaten (against NFC conference teams ONLY) if all else is even. Why? Because if all else is even, we want the team we have the first TIE BREAKER over in line rather than a team we haven't played (or have lost or might lose to).

This means that games like Detroit vs. Wash is easy. Detroit. For no other reason but that if Detroit makes a run, and ends up tied in record with us (won't happen, but you get what I'm saying), we have the first tie breaker wrapped up.

So Philly vs. KC wouldn't matter because they are AFC. All else is not even, because they don't matter in our playoff run.

That help?

That would be true depending upon what you mean by "all else is even". Right now if Philadelphia was playing St Louis, I would still want St Louis to win. Even though we have the tiebreaker advantage over Philly, at this early point in the season, the Eagles would seem to be a bigger threat to the Saints should we be in a dogfight for a wildcard spot.

The whole kwtpf exercise makes a lot more sense down the road when the contenders have emerged. We do it now anyway just for those who like to have some small rooting interest in the other Sunday games.

It is true that, for instance, if Dallas and Philadelphia, two 1-1 teams were playing, one big reason to pull for Philly in that game would be our tiebreaker advantage over them which we do not hold over Dallas. Yet. :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom