Knowing how Payton Pulls For Small School Guys... (1 Viewer)

Rum

All-Pro
Reaction score
Knowing how Payton Pulls For Small School Guys...

I caught a lil blurb from Tony Pauline, Special to SI.com, TFYDraft.com about a kid from Liberty. The write-up makes him sound like the 2nd coming of Ted "The Stork" Hendricks, a HOF LB from da Raiders and Colts.

I can't find anything else about him--anybody else heard of him? Thanks.

SI.com - NFL - Risers and Sliders (cont.) - Friday March 14, 2008 12:15PM

"Vince Redd, OLB -- Liberty

Redd, who began his college career at Virginia before transferring to Liberty, turned in a workout for the ages. He measured 6-6, weighed in at 263 and then turned in forty times that ranged in the mid-4.5 area, with some stopwatches reading 4.48. He also posted a 39-inch vertical jump and 9-foot-10 broad jump."

Wow

6'6
39 inch vert

Wow

I think he can play a little DE too

I'm drooling over his combine, how did he play in college though???
And also wheres he projected to go?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/91hgZT-q0L0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91hgZT-q0L0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This season Reed had 63 total tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks and 2 interceptions. Transferred to Liberty from Virginia just prior to the start of the 2006 season; two-year letterwinner at Virginia ... saw playing time in 10 out of the Cavaliers' 12 games in 2005 ... finished the year with 16 tackles (10 solo and six assisted) and three tackles for a loss (four yards)

This guy is the truth.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=11650

This is before the combine, he's projected in the 6-7th rounds. I bet with the good combine he's jumped to the 5th round.
Who knows this could be an 06 offseason except for the defensee:
Vilma=Brees
Dorsey or DRC=Bush
Redd=Colston
:hihi:

lol wow i'm really pipe dreamin tonight, im goin to bed

lol.. I might even consider him over Hester in the 5th or 6th. ;)

He's about 40lbs heavier than Hendricks was. Could be a good project pick: REAL tall, long arms and knows how to use them--tho it sounds like he can't catch. lol

Even as a rookie he could be useful on spot play: ST on the FG and Punt Blocking teams, situation pass rush (might be heck to throw over). Could you imagine trying to drop a pass in over him in a zone? Between his Hgt/Leap/Arms, a QB would have to pop-up balls to drop them in behind him. He'd be like 12-13 ft. extended.

lol.. we can dream... lol

>>>Vince Redd, OLB -- Liberty

Redd, who began his college career at Virginia before transferring to Liberty, turned in a workout for the ages. He measured 6-6, weighed in at 263 and then turned in forty times that ranged in the mid-4.5 area, with some stopwatches reading 4.48. He also posted a 39-inch vertical jump and 9-foot-10 broad jump." >>>

Those are amazing numbers. Buyt Mike Mamula had great numbers too, and he did not pan out. What are his game numbers? Where is he projected to go?

i'd take a flyer on him in the 5th round......his numbers alone should make him a draft pick, but his level of competition keeps him as a 2nd day pick....

I'll pass. He obviously has terrible judgment.

:smilielol:

Worth a late round flyer if the coaches see something in him. Of course numbers are just numbers, it's how he plays that's the rub.

Be cool if he came in, sat a year learning from Vilma, Morgan and the Fuj, then stepped in giving us another beastly presence.

Those stats are pretty beastly too, 6.6 263 with a 4.5! frickin awesome

I love the 2006 reference, and I'm hoping, and wishing, and praying, and dreamin that you're onto something

Geaux Saints

I'll pass. He obviously has terrible judgment.

LMAO!
hahaha
funny one
but
Virginia's football isnt all that

not saying Liberty has a better program but still UVA isnt something to write home about

I wouldnt mind him in the late rounds

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom