Kobi - amazon fire stick (1 Viewer)

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
i was configuring mine the other day and found streaming live to be buffering , i have read of several and implemented 1 memory config

anyone have a proven config to allow for live streaming?

it very well maybe my router/wifi its very low end - movies on kobie and amazon/netflix content plays fine.

thanks

If you mean Kodi than download and configure Easy Advanced Settings

There's tutorials online on how to install and configure.

Nothing but issues with my firestick... just keeps rebooting.

Firesticks are really low-end hardware to be running Kobi. Plus you have issues with TVs affecting wireless reception and a number of other variables. Not an ideal configuration, IMO.

Firesticks are really low-end hardware to be running Kobi. Plus you have issues with TVs affecting wireless reception and a number of other variables. Not an ideal configuration, IMO.

What would you recommend as a better option to run Kodi? Is the Firetv any better?

What would you recommend as a better option to run Kodi? Is the Firetv any better?

The FireTV is MUCH better. You can run it away from the TV (with a longer HDMI cable) and you can run it wired, if that's an option. Also, it's much better hardware.

I keep hearing about Kobyiashi not working as well, but my Kobyala box seems to be going strong.

I agree with buzd; the sticks are crap to run Kobibalallabingbang.

hell,I was just trying to mirror a youtube video from my laptop last night and it was choppy. Threw it an a drawer,grabbed my olg chromecast and it was perfect. the Firestick only really does netflix well IMO

The source is always going to be the #1 issue, but recently I've found that turning off hardware acceleration has been a BIG help. Previously, my box would stream about 5 seconds of something live, then do those 5 seconds again. It'd play as normal for a minute or two, then some issue would occur where the audio and video would get out of sync and then buffer into oblivion. I turned off the hardware acceleration and now the streams are smooth as silk. I don't remember exactly where it is, somewhere in the settings menu of Kodi. A quick google should give you an idea of how to do it.

I agree that the firestick is very clunky to be running Kodi. But the stick has it's uses for me. HBONow outputs 5.1 audio through the stick vs stereo on my PS4. It also inexplicably gives me free ESPN, which is helpful for things like college football. And it travels super well. One basic tip that helps tremendously is to make sure you are plugging the stick into a USB power block and not to a port on your TV. The ports on TV's and receivers are generally underpowered. The firestick will still function but often leads to skipping and choppy video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom