Kolb almost 400 yards passing... BUT... (1 Viewer)

Our defense will always give up around 300 yards passing because of the fact that we will have a big lead in most games. The same reason applies to why our opponents will rarely get to 100 yards rushing.

Gregg Williams was clearly applying a "Just don't let the receivers get behind you" philosophy with the secondary once the Offense got the lead. The secondary was clearly trying to prevent any quick scores/big plays and kept everything in front of them. It was infuriating to watch Kolb move the ball up and down the field but it was eating up the clock. The Eagles needed a bunch of quick, cheap points and the Saints didn't give them any. The stats look like crap but it works with this offense.

Sorry but I just can't give the Defense any praise yet. Hold SOMEONE to under 20 points for a fricking change. Stop making nobodies making their 1st start look like world-beaters. Our DLine is absolutely pathetic. Totally incapable of generating any resemblance of a consistant pass rush. Most overrated and over paid DEs in the game.

In all honesty the Defense looks/plays EXACTLY like the past 2 years EXCEPT for generating a few more turnovers so far. I am very disappointed.

I don't expect the D to shut down every team every week but DANG! Get some fricking pressure on the QB for a change.

This is just another example of why I say that "statistics don't mean ****!".​

Our defense will probably be ranked in the lower-3rd of the league after this week, but it doesn't mean A THING.​

This defense has gotten 3 more turnovers, and Philly (as Detriot did) were playing catch-up, and gaining "garbage yardage" towards the end, so don't be misled by the yardage that we allowed this week... the defense played very well, and they are the PERFECT compliment to our offense!​

True...not to mention that the last TD was garbage points for you and garbage yardage for your defense. Of course, it was our own stupidity, but regardless.

In all honesty the Defense looks/plays EXACTLY like the past 2 years EXCEPT for generating a few more turnovers so far. I am very disappointed.

This year's defense gets off the field on third down and gets the ball back for the offense. That's a pretty marked difference from last year, if you ask me.

Here's the bottom line. They only gave up TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

Yards don't mean a damn thing it's points that matter. The offense just proved today that even against great passing defenses on the road they can hang 40.

If we continue to be in the plus column on turnovers buy your tickets to Miami.

Sorry but I just can't give the Defense any praise yet. Hold SOMEONE to under 20 points for a fricking change. Stop making nobodies making their 1st start look like world-beaters. Our DLine is absolutely pathetic. Totally incapable of generating any resemblance of a consistant pass rush. Most overrated and over paid DEs in the game.

I don't expect the D to shut down every team every week but DANG! Get some fricking pressure on the QB for a change.

IMHO, I think you're missing the point. It's very tough when you're up 31-13 (3rd quarter)and it's not as close as the scoreboard indicates to not give up some yards and points.

Look to 3rd down effeciency, the iggles were 43%..that means on average, 6/10 times the defense got off the field on 3rd down. Also look to turnover ratio and logic dictates that when we score 20+ points more than them with 10 less offensive plays, they're going to rack up some yards. The quick strike nature of our offense dictates this. Our defense has played pretty well. Are there improvements I'd like to see made...absolutely...did I expect, as someone said, "the second coming of the dome patrol" not in a million years.

The D is actually playing well. The only thing that was bad was th Desean Jackson td. and last week special teams didn't help the d in anyway. we are playing decent d, but it will only improve as the season goes on.

85 yards rushing for the egirls....

that's the key. we were clearly focused on stopping the run, daring Kolb to beat us. I'm sure I wasn't the only one calling for more pressure on Kolb (we turned it up eventually), but i think that was the reason why. gameplan worked pretty well if you ask me, though Kolb performed much better than I expected.

Even more important than the 85 yards given up, is the 3.8 YPC average that the rb's had.

Through two games we've given up 1.9 YPC and 3.8 YPC. If we keep that up, we wpon't lose more than 3 games.

150 of those yards came in the 4th Q(after Reggie put the game away).

Kolb had completions of 3, 26, 16, 12, 8, 19, 25, 9, 21 & 11. All in the 4th Q after the game was put away. Amidst those garbage completions the Saints came away with 2 INTs, one of them for a TD. Yeah the D played prevent for an entire quarter, but they also came up with big plays to put the nail in the coffin.

So don't get so tied up in Kolb's numbers. When it mattered, he only had 241. :)

I dont care about that stats or when prevent D was played. What I care about is our DLines lack of ability to create any resemblance of a pass rush. It may be the most pathetic pass rush in the NFL.

45-27 and 48-22
enough said.
The stat I choose to look at is net points. That's 18 and 26. for an average of 22 net points. 10 per game is really good. 22 is off the charts good.

Williams needs to start earning his $$. The D is a hair better than last year but not what we were looking for from him. A rookie QB should not have gotten over 150 yards. How many sacks do we have? In two games this year, it looks like our 2008 season continued.

Williams needs to start earning his $$. The D is a hair better than last year but not what we were looking for from him. A rookie QB should not have gotten over 150 yards. How many sacks do we have? In two games this year, it looks like our 2008 season continued.

Disagree. I think the defense is much better. Although they have given up some yards at times, they hang in there and put an end to the drives without giving up the points. The difference in attitude is blatantly obvious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom