Kolb almost 400 yards passing... BUT... (2 Viewers)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is just another example of why I say that "statistics don't mean ****!".

Our defense will probably be ranked in the lower-3rd of the league after this week, but it doesn't mean A THING.

This defense has gotten 3 more turnovers, and Philly (as Detriot did) were playing catch-up, and gaining "garbage yardage" towards the end, so don't be misled by the yardage that we allowed this week... the defense played very well, and they are the PERFECT compliment to our offense!​

Our defense will probably be ranked in the lower-3rd of the league after this week, but it doesn't mean A THING.

This defense has gotten 3 more turnovers, and Philly (as Detriot did) were playing catch-up, and gaining "garbage yardage" towards the end, so don't be misled by the yardage that we allowed this week... the defense played very well, and they are the PERFECT compliment to our offense!​

Thank you for those excellent points, Saint Droopy. Good post. :9:

If the Saints were stat-seekers, then Drew would already hold Marinos record and the 7-8 TD record.

We are only concerned with the W-L record.

Most of that came in garbage time with the Saints playing vanilla. As long as this defense creates turnovers and minimizes points scored I'm not worried about passing stats.

Agreed... Playing 3 scores behind and with the Saints playing 2 safeties deep, will give you a lot of "meaningless" yards.

48-22 in their house; 2-0 in the NFC after two games is all that really matters. JMHO

I agree, but...

I can't help but be a little put off about all the WIDE OPEN Eagles receivers I saw today.

I mean sheesh, Faye Abbott could've had a 400 yard day out there.

But still, I am nothing but happy with a BIG win, over a BIG team.

I agree, but...

I can't help but be a little put off about all the WIDE OPEN Eagles receivers I saw today.

I mean sheesh, Faye Abbott could've had a 400 yard day out there.

But still, I am nothing but happy with a BIG win, over a BIG team.

I agree with this. I think our defense will improve as the season goes on, but let's not pretend that the Eagles didn't have over 200yds of offense in the 1st half. Our defense came up with some key plays, and ST play gave the Eagles a very short field for their only TD in the 2nd half. But there was a lot of open space in our secondary for WRs and TEs to work. Again, I'm hoping and thinking that space will be decreased as the season goes on.

What has been very encouraging over the first two weeks is that our defense has made the necessary adjustments at halftime to come out in the 2nd half and play MUCH better. That is what I like to see and is what has me believing we'll get better as the season progresses.

I was just thinking the same thing. It is very misleading and will be misleading when the rankings come out. JUST GET THE TURNOVERS BABY!

I am pleased with the progress that our defense is making. I did not expect to see the second coming of the Dome Patrol. They tackle well, don't get beat for big plays (often) and they seem to be getting more comfortable together compared to last week and pre-season.

Just keep improving, that's all I ask...

Our defense will always give up around 300 yards passing because of the fact that we will have a big lead in most games. The same reason applies to why our opponents will rarely get to 100 yards rushing.

85 yards rushing for the egirls....

that's the key. we were clearly focused on stopping the run, daring Kolb to beat us. I'm sure I wasn't the only one calling for more pressure on Kolb (we turned it up eventually), but i think that was the reason why. gameplan worked pretty well if you ask me, though Kolb performed much better than I expected.

Our defense will always give up around 300 yards passing because of the fact that we will have a big lead in most games. The same reason applies to why our opponents will rarely get to 100 yards rushing.

yes
very good understanding

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom