Saints Kris Richard is dope (as a coach) (1 Viewer)

For knuckleheads: I didn’t say “he’s a dope.” I said the expression “he’s dope,” which means he is exceptional.

He had those boys all over the place, mixed coverages, and had every player coached up! :beerchug:

:gosaints:
Glad you gave props to our new secondary coach. I remember when my brother called me the day he signed with us. His main thing was to get me to understand that our DBs will not only play better, they will learn how to "sell it". The thing about the Seahawk's LOB is they held like every other team, but they knew when to engage contact in a way to avoid flags. The difference I saw was the confidence.

He was a great hire. In Dallas he was getting talked about as a potential head coach.

Unreal play by the secondary, I thought we were gonna get smoked.
I appreciate how it was pointed out by some of the analysts during this mornings "Rodgers Excuse Train" that part of the reason why he struggled is that he had nowhere to throw the ball.

The receivers were blanketed the whole game - and those weren't slouches either - Adams is a freak TD machine and Lazard went for almost 150 on us last season. Rodgers was frustrated because we played a basic safeties high defense and he had no answer for it.

Look at that deep "punt" INT in the 3rd, Williams bailed on Adams to get deeper than the deepest (which is the true role of a safety) and get the pick.

But did you notice how CGJ had the receiver blanketed on the route? It was glorious. Our safety did a safety thing and our slot "corner" kept the coverage tight on the fly route. So awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom