Kruger Signs with Saints [Update: 1 year $3M - Possibly $5 with incentives] (2 Viewers)

Same reason the Browns moved on from Kruger. Production doesn't equal salary. Doesn't mean he's bad but if you can cut a player and save tons of money and you have someone already on the team you think can equal the production.

Health is not enough... You need health AND production.

I agree... I think the topic is more complicated than that. Kruger was healthy when he went to the Browns and was misused. Byrd has been injured since he set foot in the door. Im not saying he wont take a pay cut... Just listening to SP makes me think Byrd is finally healthy and they want to see what he can bring to the table. I just dont think he gets cut now that he is healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to him hurrying the passer on 1st and second downs too. We often get teams that take it to us like Pittsburg did with 10 plus passing plays in a row. Wearing out our undersized, tweener type ends opposite Jordan. Kruger should have the beef to stop the run and hurry the likes of Matt Ryan and Newton. Teams were just abusing us last year, hopefully DA puts Kruger in a position to succeed. Its great to see the FO addressing areas of need and making stuff happen. Heck I could see 9-7 now ;)

Has the team announced the signing yet? I know its a done deal but the team has yet to say anything. Nothing on the "official" site.

Has the team announced the signing yet? I know its a done deal but the team has yet to say anything. Nothing on the "official" site.

Because they need to clear cap room. They need to find $2M somewhere. Sure hope that means an extension (may not be Brees though), but only 1-2 guys could get cut to clear close to that #.

He'd look good in 95.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I like the idea of him being complementary to blitzing and disguise in that he is an end that can drop into a zone and not be a significant coverage liability. Looking forward to the Saints showing a heavy blitz with Kruger dropping into a short zone and picking off a Matt Ryan hot route slant.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Saints officially signed Paul Kruger and waived LB Dillon Lee, per the transaction wire.</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/771817532399292417">September 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Paul Kruger&#8217;s deal has two voidable years in 2017 and 2018. Carries a cap hit of $1.6 million this year. Signing bonus is $2.1 million.</p>&mdash; Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) <a href="https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/772822565580513280">September 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom