Krypton (1 Viewer)

I'm less interested in the Superman Without Superman aspect and more interested in the fact that that trailer almost pitches this as an Adam Strange story.

Like, is this actually an Adam Strange show that just so happens about him going to Krypton of the past to stop Brainiac from altering the future? Because I would be down for that...

Truthfully, I didn't even know Adam Strange was a character in this until that trailer. And with confirmation that Hawkgirl will make an appearance...

Rann/Thanagar War?

Maybe?

Pretty please?

Well, we watched the first episode of Krypton. I can say that I wasn't disappointed but not overly impressed. We'll give it a few more episodes before a verdict. We'll see.

Same. I didn't go into it expecting much, but I'll probably watch the season. It might be one of those I DVR and then catch up on.

Despite my utter disdain for the prospect of a Superman show without Superman, I tuned in to the first episode because I was bored and slightly curious.

It wasn't bad. At the very least, it was good enough to have me interested in the second episode, and it doesn't seem like they're going to take a dump on the mythos ala Gotham.

I agree with the rest of the esteemed SR colleagues. I thought it started kind of slow, but was interesting enough and has enough to offer to give it a few more episodes before rendering a final verdict.

I'm less interested in the Superman Without Superman aspect and more interested in the fact that that trailer almost pitches this as an Adam Strange story.

Like, is this actually an Adam Strange show that just so happens about him going to Krypton of the past to stop Brainiac from altering the future? Because I would be down for that...

Truthfully, I didn't even know Adam Strange was a character in this until that trailer. And with confirmation that Hawkgirl will make an appearance...

Rann/Thanagar War?

Maybe?

Pretty please?

That's an interesting concept. (Not necessarily talking about this show, but as a plot device in general) Usually a time-traveling hero arrives to save the planet. What if a good, decent man was tasked with ensuring its destruction?
Without the demise of Krypton, there's no Superman. Without Superman the whole universe suffers and is potentially destroyed.
He'd have to run a subtle disinformation campaign designed to discredit Jor-El, which would eat at him since Jor-El is a good man and empirically correct in his predictions.

Yeah, that would be a fun twist to explore, I think.

That's an interesting concept. (Not necessarily talking about this show, but as a plot device in general) Usually a time-traveling hero arrives to save the planet. What if a good, decent man was tasked with ensuring its destruction?
Without the demise of Krypton, there's no Superman. Without Superman the whole universe suffers and is potentially destroyed.
He'd have to run a subtle disinformation campaign designed to discredit Jor-El, which would eat at him since Jor-El is a good man and empirically correct in his predictions.

Yeah, that would be a fun twist to explore, I think.

I'd love that, but that wouldn't be feasible according to the rules of TV and modern media consumption. It'd be too morally complex for the general audience. The trope of "a good man would find another way" would rear it's head. He'd have to find a way to both make sure Superman (or whoever) still happens, while ALSO saving the billions of people on the planet and Jor-El's reputation. In being the destructor of Jor-El and, by causation, Krypton itself, he'd cease to be that "good man" despite his best intentions.

I'd love that, but that wouldn't be feasible according to the rules of TV and modern media consumption. It'd be too morally complex for the general audience. The trope of "a good man would find another way" would rear it's head. He'd have to find a way to both make sure Superman (or whoever) still happens, while ALSO saving the billions of people on the planet and Jor-El's reputation. In being the destructor of Jor-El and, by causation, Krypton itself, he'd cease to be that "good man" despite his best intentions.

Wouldn’t it kind of be like that original Star Trek episode city of forever?

Where Kirk has to let Joan Collins die to Save the future

It is an intriguing concept

I'm going to give this show a chance but I will forever hate the sci-fi channel for canceling Farscape most of all but also Stargate SG:1, Stargate: Atlantis and Stargate: Universe. Because of my hatred I'll download Krypton, I refuse to put that channel on.

Just finished watching the second episode. I'm enjoying it through these first two. There's a slight bit of the familiar mixed in with plenty of new material to keep it interesting.

Just finished watching the second episode. I'm enjoying it through these first two. There's a slight bit of the familiar mixed in with plenty of new material to keep it interesting.

Agreed. My son and I hit the second episode today and it's really picking up in my opinion.

How was the season?

Was it better that I thought?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom