Kudos to Buck and Aikman (1 Viewer)

I watched the game with a friend who, late in the first half, made a comment about how Aikman needs to quit being such a Cowboys homer.

My friend is a lifelong Dallas fan.

Buck is pro-Cowboys, although he tries his best to be neutral.

You can hear it in his tone. He elevates his voice and raises the volume anytime anything "exciting" starts to happen for Dallas. IMO Aikman is actually more neutral.

Whatever though. Sure its annoying that the announcers wouldn't gush over the Saints, especially if they are more deserving of the praise, but just accept that its going to be that way until we establish ourselves as a dominant franchise like the Colts and Pats.

Otherwise, the same teams year in and year out are going to get the media hype/attention regardless of their record:

Cowboys
Giants/Jets
Pittsburgh
Eagles
Any team with Favre

As opposed to teams that continue to deserve it:

Colts
Pats
(lesser degree) Ravens

As opposed to teams that should receive more:

Saints
Chargers
Green Bay

As opposed to teams that don't deserve it at all but will get a ton if they are good:

Browns
Raiders
Redskins
Falcons
Denver
49ers
Dolphins
Bears

All other teams basically fall into the category of, "we would rather talk about the teams we like to talk about other than your team":

Seattle
St. Louis
Arizona
Houston
Tennessee
KC
Cincy
Jax
Buffalo
Detroit

Joe Buck's monotone voice could suck the life out D-Day if he announced it. Gimmie a guy like Gus Johnson. You know, the kind that draws fans INTO a game, instead of Joe Buck trying to draw fans into comas.

I thought they called a fair, neutral game :shrug:

They pointed out several times that Dallas got away with calls, like the obvious holding on Malcolm during Austin's big run for a TD. They bragged on Drew and the rest of the offense and Aikman brought up how our D was number 4 in the league and he gushed on Jenkins' heads up strip. What more do you want?

Some of you guys are harsh. They called the game as they saw it. When Dallas had the momentum they called the game as such and when we were stomping their guts they called the game as such. What more do you want?

That pretty much sums up my feelings. When I saw that Aikman was going to be calling the game, I fully expected a pro-Cowboy slant. I don't think it ever happened and thought he did a good job of calling it like it was. The game was full of momentum swings and both announcers were able to see it and call a well balanced game.

Troy gave us lots of props while we were dominating them early on. Once the Cowboys started catching up, then he switched faces and went on a Cowboy love fest basically. Can't blame him though. His old team and they deserved the props for coming back the way they did.

In the end, we won and I don't care what they said.

Joe...Homer from the opening kickoff...Troy was calling it fairly when we were stomping them but as the previous poster noted...once dallas scored to get back in the game; Troy put on his homer hat and rode it that way until we turned it around at the end

These two can be pretty biased but they weren't near as bad as they have been before and nowhere close to the two morons that covered the Saints/Yucs game...remember how they kept going on and on about how great Josh Freeman was but they were getting SMOKED by the Saints...and Buck did finally get Aikman to admit that Witten held Jenkins...

I thought they called a fair, neutral game :shrug:

They pointed out several times that Dallas got away with calls, like the obvious holding on Malcolm during Austin's big run for a TD. They bragged on Drew and the rest of the offense and Aikman brought up how our D was number 4 in the league and he gushed on Jenkins' heads up strip. What more do you want?

In the end, it all worked out for Jenkins -

ap-eb2900a7365e45f0afdab32d48e9be18.jpg
ap-ae8582ac151c47a0beedccefc8b8a6bd.jpg

I remember listening a couple of times and I hot mad cuz they didn't have their info correct. But most of the time I would listen and wonder to myself 'what inthe world they were talking about.'. It just sounded like they were rambling on without meaning.

Aikman doesn't bother me. I think he's usually fair.
Buck is just awful though. I get the impression that he is the biggest Aikman fanboy to ever live- and he thinks if he constantly brown-noses the Cowboys it will put him in Troy's good graces- and he might actually get to hang out with him one day after work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom