Kudos to Buck and Aikman (1 Viewer)

I like Aikman, but do usually find him quite biased toward the Cowboys.
But, not this game. He and Buck both did a good job, and their comments were fair.

Both of these guys were terrible with the call yesterday. Aikman and Buck were so pro cowboys it wasn't even funny. On the play where Barber fumbled before his knee hit the ground as the replay was playing they were saying "looks like the ground caused the fumble" the best way to watch is just mute the tv and listen to Henderson and Hokie

LOL that doesn't mean they're biased! That just means that they called the play as they saw it. C'mon man!

:idunno:

I don't think they were unfair or overly biased.

But Joe Buck is so boring. His monotone is like listening to a robot or something. And he when he tries to add color, which is not his job, like by pointing out the St. Louis Blues hockey team in the stands at Cowboys Stadium, it just makes it even more boring. Is it even 1% of the Thanksgiving Day audience that could recognize any of those guys? Who cares? I could understand if it were Tony Romo and Nick Lachey and/or Ashley Simpson sitting together or something . . .

I'd much rather listen to Tirico/Gruden, Esiason, Marv Albert, or even Collinsworth.

Aikman is good. I've liked Aikman for a while now. He trys to be objective and does a good job with the color commentary.

Joe Buck on the other hand...Dude just loves him some Cowboys.
LOL.

I was reading the cowboys forum and a few posters swore that Joe Buck hares the Cowboys.

A lot of fans are so sensitive that if the announces aren't actually biased for there team they take offense, and this is true for some Saints fans also.

Everyone thinks that Joe Buck hates their team. Giant fans hate him, Yankee fans hate him. Is there any fan base that likes him?

I rewatched game when I got back from Dallas. I'm not sure how anyone can complain about those two toward the Saints and this game.

As a play by play guy Buck does OK. He seems to add too much opinion and too little detail IMO but most do. I take a different issue with Aikman. I expect color guys to add color. The best Aikman can do is "that's a hard position to play and he did a good job." Regardless of what you thought of John Madden, he always had things to say and point out that added color to the game. Sweat stains, signals, who was overwatering on the sideline, whatever, I always felt he was adding actual color to the telecast. I don't see Aikman bringing anything new; he was a SB-winning QB for heaven's sake, where's the insight normal people like I can't get from watching it on TV?

At one point, Aikman was rambling for quite a while about how great Drew Brees is. I thought he kept his homerism in check very well.

All in all, I prefer Buck and Aikman over most of the other announcer/commentator combos. They both speak very well, are very knowledgeable, and always seem extremely well-prepared for the games they call.

At one point, Aikman was rambling for quite a while about how great Drew Brees is. I thought he kept his homerism in check very well.

All in all, I prefer Buck and Aikman over most of the other announcer/commentator combos. They both speak very well, are very knowledgeable, and always seem extremely well-prepared for the games they call.

I actually prefer Buck/Aikman as well. As long as you can speak intelligently about the game I couldn't care less if they have a rooting interest in the game (which I don't really observe anyway). Some call Buck monotone and boring, I think he's more of the sophisticated side. My favorite call of his was Reggie's 88 yard catch and run TD in the '06 NFCCG. Also there are times where Buck appropriately lets the moment take center stage, instead of dominating the moment. Tirico also did a great job of this during the blocked punt in the Superdome reopening. Sometimes less is more in the right spots.

A guy like Gus Johnson is fine some of the time, but I wouldn't want to hear him every week. I would get burned out on the shouting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom