Kudos to Buck and Aikman (1 Viewer)

jerryrip

Bleeding black and gold
Reaction score
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but bear with me. I liked the Saints/Cowboys coverage by Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. From the opening discussion to the final play they gave both teams compliments and were more objective than most other sportscaster teams. I really liked the opening statement by Aikman about the Saints: "I can't recall a time when a defending world champion has been less talked about at this stage of the season. This is a 7-3 football team..." I stood up and cheered when he said that. Then after the Saints first score Buck said this: "Hello, Happy Thanksgiving Dallas. Four plays 80 yards and right down your throat." Priceless.

Joe Buck is creepy.

Aikman is good. I've liked Aikman for a while now. He trys to be objective and does a good job with the color commentary.

Joe Buck on the other hand...Dude just loves him some Cowboys.

The only problem I have with fans complaining about the announcers is that sometimes the Saints are playing like crap, so you can't expect the announcers to talk about how great they are then (Like most of the 2nd half).

Also, they announcers have to be somewhat neutral. Even if the Saints are blowing someone out, they have to talk about the other team.

Last night was OK, Aikman was actually very critical of the Boys.

Man, I'll give you a pass since you were likely drunk on turkey like the rest of us, but Aikman was so clearly in the pocket of the cowgirls that it was disgusting. Especially towards the end of the game. Praise ratio for the Cowboys:Saints was running at about 75:25

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but bear with me. I liked the Saints/Cowboys coverage by Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. From the opening discussion to the final play they gave both teams compliments and were more objective than most other sportscaster teams. I really liked the opening statement by Aikman about the Saints: "I can't recall a time when a defending world champion has been less talked about at this stage of the season. This is a 7-3 football team..." I stood up and cheered when he said that. Then after the Saints first score Buck said this: "Hello, Happy Thanksgiving Dallas. Four plays 80 yards and right down your throat." Priceless.

I hate to say this since those two have been less then kind to US but "for them", they WERE pretty fair and balanced, throwing in superlatives both ways and telling it like it is with this: "Either team will feel as if they gave this game away...........!" And they are right!

Had The SAINTS lost, I'd be very upset with Reggie, the recievers and our "D" for allowing the Miles Autin big end around run along with Greer missing an important open field tackle allowing a crucial first down near the end of the game.

SAINTS WIN and I let some of those missed opportunities slide but let The squads KNOW there is a LOT of work left to do!

I agree, both are, or near the best at what they do. Troy does a good job of leaning on experience without doing the Chris Collinsworth "back when I played I did this" or believe ME when I tell you that".

Joe can be quite insightful too and can observe subtle things that many others can't.

I think people confuse Buck and Aikman a lot. When the screens not on them their voices can mix and mingle. They don't necessarily sound the same, but they are in the same ballpark.

IMO, Aikman really did a great job. Everytime I heard some ridiculous Cowboys homerism, it was coming from Buck. Often I had to double take to make sure it was Buck saying it but it always was.

Man, I'll give you a pass since you were likely drunk on turkey like the rest of us, but Aikman was so clearly in the pocket of the cowgirls that it was disgusting. Especially towards the end of the game. Praise ratio for the Cowboys:Saints was running at about 75:25

I am no fan of most announcers and if you want confirmation just talk to MBR but I will have to disagree here. Aikman was spot on about the no calls and had nothing but praise for Drew. When Reggie fumbled he analyzed it correctly. I thought he called a fairly even game.

I think it is a matter of perspective. We always only want to hear about our team. I was just looking through the cowboys forums (researching something else) and came across their complaints of the broadcasters.

I think the color/play by play people are like officials - they are going to be wrong 50% of the time.

Someone posted a Cowboys Gameday Thread where many of the members posted how those announcers were decidedly biased toward the Saints.

It's funny (sometimes) how folks hear & remember what they want to hear & remember. Most generally split time praising the two teams whenever they can.

Of course there ARE exceptions when it comes to some game announcers. :hihi:

Both of these guys were terrible with the call yesterday. Aikman and Buck were so pro cowboys it wasn't even funny. On the play where Barber fumbled before his knee hit the ground as the replay was playing they were saying "looks like the ground caused the fumble" the best way to watch is just mute the tv and listen to Henderson and Hokie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom