Kudos to Disney (1 Viewer)

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A good friend is married to a Guardsman who was deployed about 18 months ago. The friend was pregnant and due to deliver shortly before her husband was to deploy, but 6 or 8 weeks prior to delivery she was diagnosed with breast cancer. The baby was induced early to allow for a radical mastectomy of both breasts and to allow for chemo to proceed. The father was deployed to Iraq a couple weeks before the baby was born.

Anyway, to top off the baby, surgery, chemo, reconstructive surgeries and the burdens of raising a 3-4 yr old and a new born without the dad, there were additional health items for the mother and older daughter. Watching this friend deal with her situation without complaint or self pity was very inspirational. I'm glad to report that everything has gone well and that the husband arrived home a couple weeks ago safe and sound to two healthy daughters and a healthy and excited wife.

They went to Disney for a family vacation and found the full on VIP treatment courtesy of the Walt Disney Corporation. Nobody knows who or how Disney found out, but they did and man did they blow it out!

Just thought I'd pass along a little good and inspirational news from our corporate citizens.

Disney was really cool to people in the military after 9/11, they gave everyone on active duty like three free days with guests just for showing a military Id. I took advantage of it when I was still in.

I have family that works for Disney and no matter how big they get, they always treat people right. Good job Disney....

They might treat "cast members" like crap, but its all in the name of making sure the millions of visitors feel like they are, indeed, in the happiest place on earth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom