Kudos to Zach Strief! (1 Viewer)

Rice only had 2-tackles all game. great job by Zach.

Tackling a RB behind the line is not a sack. Unless he's throwing the ball, I guess. :shrug:

they had a locer room interview with him on "4th down on 4" a local sports show. He is a really nice kid, and he understands his back up role. he admits he has a lot to learn, and seems to have a great work ethic. He said something to the effect that he knows he is young and has a lot of time to become a starter

There must have been another thread where I pointed it out (since it ain't here), but Moose Johnston did a nice job of showing Brees' pocket awareness. This was one of the key reasons we didn't take any sacks yesterday. Stief got beat a few times by Rice (as other of our linemen did by their opposition), but Brees' ability to slide up or over can be the difference. Reference Point: Aaron Brooks. How many times did he, when feeling pocket pressure, slide the wrong way into the arms of a defender? :shrug: I don't think the quarterback's pocket abilities can be overestimated. That's one of the big reasons we're giving up 1 sack per game only (8 after 8 games). Drew obviously knows what he's facing and when the pressure will force him to find a tertiary option, throw the ball away or what have you.

FWIW, I thought Moose and Goose were both pretty good in their analyses yesterday. While critical of both the Saints and Bucs, the criticism was fair (Bush's E-W running, Bucs slow starts, Saints playing lackluster ball in the 2nd Quarter, etc.). In years past, there would have been multiple threads on how much those guys (or whomever called the game) hated us and were biased/one-sided. Glad to see people growing up and able to take fair criticism.

TPS

Yeah who would have guessed that a rookie with absolutley no NFL experience or playing time AND only has two good fingers on his hand could have shut down one of the best pure pass rushers in the league? I LOVE IT.

Go Strief !!! I know we will be seeing more of you in the future and i look forward to it. Hes a monster.

The rook had a lot of help, but still an outstanding performance in a big game against pro-bowl talent!!

2006 draft might be the best ever for the Saints!!

Hate to be a downer...but remember, we only had like 27 yards rushing. The line did a great job of protecting Brees (as they have all season), but we got to get the guys on the ground going more.

Moose Johnston did a nice job of showing Brees' pocket awareness. This was one of the key reasons we didn't take any sacks yesterday. Stief got beat a few times by Rice (as other of our linemen did by their opposition), but Brees' ability to slide up or over can be the difference. Reference Point: Aaron Brooks. How many times did he, when feeling pocket pressure, slide the wrong way into the arms of a defender? :shrug: I don't think the quarterback's pocket abilities can be overestimated.TPS

100% agree...Brees feels the pressure without panicking.

What an outstanding draft this year! I thought Strief stepped up and performed well, with a club for a hand. Kudos to this coaching staff yet again.................

True, that Brees' pocket awareness is key in the success of the o line. Not to discredit them but he plays a huge part. Also, his quick decision making also helps them out as has been discussed many times before. I think it was more evident than ever in the recent game against TB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom