Kudos to Zach Strief! (1 Viewer)

Wisdom Tooth

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don't think I heard Simeon Rice's name called once today. Superb job by a rookie dressing in his first NFL game!

Good game, Zach! Good draft, SAINTS front office!

Couldn't say it better myself. Great job Zach!

I noticed Streif was getting help from the RBs and TEs a whole lot (by design). But when he was isolated one-on-one with Rice he did pretty well.

Kudos to the whole offensive line. Does anyone have a number on the total amount of sacks they have given up this season? I know its really low.

I also forgot he had one hand almost completely taped up. Did the Saints FO find another late-round gem?

I think we should move Strief over to the right side and have Stinchcomb as a quality back up. I think Stinchcomb is doing pretty good, but Strief was a beast today, the only rushing touchdown was in hi,s direction and that was against an All-Pro. He played solid just as every rookie who we have, has done, this will go as the best Saints draft ever. Kudos to Mueller,Loomis,and Payton.

Bress had the status, when when you look at how Strief made Siminon Rice disapear, in his first start ever, Strief should be the player of the game.

Bress had the status, when when you look at how Strief made Siminon Rice disapear, in his first start ever, Strief should be the player of the game.

I agree Streif was quietly one of the biggest stars of this game......Lost in all the attention Colston and Brees are (deservedly) getting was Streif's play. The kid just handled Rice all day. At one point the TV cameras showed Rice. His face showed pure frustration, all the visions he had of a multiple sack day versus a late round rookie were gone like a fart in the wind. It's incredible what Payton and Marrone expect from rookie. Instead of starting former Cowboys starting LT, Rob Petitti, they go with a completely unknown/unproven rookie and once again make the right choice.....

He played very well. The kid is a monster in size and could develop into a roadgrader.

Strief/Karney. No knock on Zach, but Mike Karney made his day a whole lot easier. I am most impressed by the fact that a guy gets his first start ever and has to line up vs the Bucs and Rice.....he doesn't blink. He made some good reads on stunts and blitzes, but you really can't pat Zach on the back w/o giving Karney the same. He was an extra guard today.

Honorable mention.....Brees, i haven't seen that kind of sixth sense out of a QB in a long time. Bush had a couple of nice blitz pickups as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom