Kurt Coleman to be released. (1 Viewer)

Coleman was a huge disappointment IMO.

Safety is a need area... at the very least for depth. I think they’ll re-sign Banjo as he’ll be cheap and is a core STer.

I’d like to see them look at Tre Boston.

Would not be mad at all if we got Boston. But, i'd rather see us run w/Vonn and Williams and draft either Nasir Adderley, Taylor Rapp, or Chauncey Gardner. Nasir and and Rapp may be gone by the time we're up, but Gardner-Johnson fr Florida is just as good as them and could still be on deck when we draft in RD 2.

Would not be mad at all if we got Boston. But, i'd rather see us run w/Vonn and Williams and draft either Nasir Adderley, Taylor Rapp, or Chauncey Gardner. Nasir and and Rapp may be gone by the time we're up, but Gardner-Johnson fr Florida is just as good as them and could still be on deck when we draft in RD 2.

I see your point, but the Saints need to make it happen NEXT YEAR. The time is now, and rookies are too hit-or-miss. Boston is good enough to push Williams for the starting FS job (where Coleman was not), and that’s what the Saints need. Boston is also a vet and a good locker room guy, so he’d be a positive addition in that respect as well.
Williams regressed last year and there’s no depth at FS at all. I wanted them to get Boston LAST offseason, and he played well in Zona. Still keeping my fingers crossed ??

I see your point, but the Saints need to make it happen NEXT YEAR. The time is now, and rookies are too hit-or-miss. Boston is good enough to push Williams for the starting FS job (where Coleman was not), and that’s what the Saints need. Boston is also a vet and a good locker room guy, so he’d be a positive addition in that respect as well.
Williams regressed last year and there’s no depth at FS at all. I wanted them to get Boston LAST offseason, and he played well in Zona. Still keeping my fingers crossed ??

Ya, I agree. I think Boston would be a massive addition to the back end. He can totally co-exist w/Vonn and Marcus. That's what i think we wanted to do this year w/Coleman, have him mingled in w/the youngsters in our 3SAF looks. It's just Vonn evolved exponentially and Coleman's resume never showed up on the actual field. Boston reminds me of a ballhawking version of Kenny Vaccaro. Not only does Boston make plays while the ball's in the air, but the dude will put his face into the fan blades to lay a guy out. I love me some Marcus Williams, but I cant exactly say that about him. As for the Nasir, Rapp, and Gardner-Johnson, I'm just a really big fan of those guys. Those 3 kids along w/Sione Takitaki and Anthony Nelson are my fav prospects this year. At least the ones that I already know about and have been following all season. I wouldnt mind seeing us draft one of those guys. They, too, seem like Tre Boston-types. Ballhawks, who at the same time, will brutalize you w/their physical playing styles. If we managed to land Boston or drafted one of those rooks, I'd be hyped all the same.

Looks like I just found Mark Ingrams money. Now to figure out what to do about Davison.

That wouldn't be overkill. Marcus Williams was always 1 step too late. Earl Thomas would be the ball-hawking safety that we all hoped MW would be, and MW could learn from Earl Thomas. MW wouldn't be a bad backup... he's just not ready to be that safety.

There's little-to-no chance we'd get ET but that would be the safety that we need. Or at least what he brings to a secondary.
What makes me sick about the Coleman pick up is we would’ve more than likely Drafted Derwin James who may be the biggest freak of a safety since Sean Taylor out of the U. Makes me sick just thinking about what our D could’ve been with Derwin in the mix.

This play right there was the final straw for me with Coleman. Seriously man.

What makes me sick about the Coleman pick up is we would’ve more than likely Drafted Derwin James who may be the biggest freak of a safety since Sean Taylor out of the U. Makes me sick just thinking about what our D could’ve been with Derwin in the mix.
We would have traded up to #16 (at least) for DJ and also not picked the DE we rated as the second best overall prospect at a position of great need? I hardly think so, sorry. Davenport was our guy.

I didn't like the signing to begin with. I wasn't upset with the player, but the size of the contract we gave him. After seeing his level of play last year, it was a terrible signing all around, contract and player wise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom