Kurt Warner says Philly defense makes it's living off playing soft zone (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
And that is exactly where Drew and the Saints offense will kill you.

He just illustrated several plays on the road this season showing how we exploited soft zones.

That was actually a good segment. Finally, someone did some homework on why we have trouble on the road. Jets, Rams, Pats, Panthers and Seahawks beat us by primarily being physical with our receivers. Now, some of those teams (Patriots) did it less that others, but they did it when it mattered most.

That was actually a good segment. Finally, someone did some homework on why we have trouble on the road. Jets, Rams, Pats, Panthers and Seahawks beat us by primarily being physical with our receivers. Now, some of those teams (Patriots) did it less that others, but they did it when it mattered most.

Those Pats got physical with our biggest weapon, Jimmy Graham. And it affected us greatly. They took him totally out of the game. Drew was 0-7 with an interception that day throwing to Graham.

I have Brees projected for 60 pass attempts for 438 yards. The difference in winning or losing is going to be what we do with the ball inside the opponent's 40 yard line and most importantly in the redzone.

Receivers always seem to be open over the middle on Philly.

I'd love to see us pull and inside screen to sproles.

Ok, stats guys, I heard some "analysis" saying that the Saints D would be in trouble against Philly because we blitz so much. I didn't think we were blitzing all that often, certainly not like a few years ago. Does anyone know for sure?

All I know is our WR's and graham better start running over ppl and stop letting these DB's take them out the play.

Ok, stats guys, I heard some "analysis" saying that the Saints D would be in trouble against Philly because we blitz so much. I didn't think we were blitzing all that often, certainly not like a few years ago. Does anyone know for sure?

We don't blitz that much

I can't find a number for where we finished the season, but back in October we blitzed on 30% of downs compared to 50% under GW3.

or that quick slant that we threw vs San Fran in the 2011 playoffs

Man, do we ever run the quick slant? Or the middle screen? Or QB sneak?

It really does seem like opposing defenses have an advantage against our O when 1/2 of the basic plays in football, we just don't run.

I trust SP, he knows way more than I do, but I do wish we would make defenses be aware of all the plays.

And Kurt finally said he wants the Saints to win and shut everybody up :9:

I think we should use Graham more like a TE in this game and have him down on the line so its harder for Philly to locate him. It also will allow him to be matched up on a LB. I was looking at some numbers and they said that Graham averages 20 yards per attempt as a TE and 12 yards per attempt as WR. That tells me he is way more effective playing as an actual TE.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom