Kwon Alexander and Marcus Davenport to IR for minimum 3 games (1 Viewer)

Today’s injury report is like a mid season report. Crazy. Hate we are playing a division opponent. 5 out…4 questionable.

We're okay, right? It's fine. It'll be fine.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yeah, yeah, it's not a big deal.

If any injuries, they happening during the soft part of the schedule after the Packers game. Almost everyone should be back by Week 7. Week 6 is the bye week. The Saints have the Panthers, Patriots, Giants, and Redskins in that order. Four winnable games, even with injuries. Payton will keep them focused.

I’d be very curious to see a comparison between Davenport and Terron - I get the sense that both have similar early career injury issues but fans treat those issues differently
I was surprised looking back at Davenport's first 3 years he has only missed 11 games.

The thing with Davenport is the disappointment of a player that cost us 2 first round picks and we haven't had the return from it. In 3 years only 12 sacks. That ain't getting the job done.

Looks like he'll average only 12 games a year after this season. Add that injury history to the lack of production, and he won't be a Saint next season.

Turning to Armstead, when he's on the field he's arguably the best left tackle in the NFL, and that was evident almost from day 1 of him starting. Armstead has also averaged 12 games per season for his career.

Huge difference in the two in terms of effectiveness while on the field.

I guess it could be worse. Its hardly murders row in terms of QB's. Sam Darnold, and three rookies isn't like facing Wilson & Brady...
Yep. Rather than lamenting these two missing three weeks, I choose to look at the bright side: an already solid defense gets to work in guys like Baun, Turner, and possibly Werner for some valuable primetime reps. That can only help us down the line—be it with on-field production or even negative evaluations. Let’s find out what we have.

Not to spoil the ending for you but everything's going to be okay.

If any injuries, they happening during the soft part of the schedule after the Packers game. Almost everyone should be back by Week 7. Week 6 is the bye week. The Saints have the Panthers, Patriots, Giants, and Redskins in that order. Four winnable games, even with injuries. Payton will keep them focused.

I am glad CSP doesn't go off the deep end like some negative Nellies here. Cooler heads will prevail and one way or another it will work out alright.

No need to get so bent out of shape over players injuries just because they have a history of injuries in the past. Certainly no call for saying derogatory things or calling them names.

I guarantee you that they feel worse about it than anyone here ever could.

I was surprised looking back at Davenport's first 3 years he has only missed 11 games.

The thing with Davenport is the disappointment of a player that cost us 2 first round picks and we haven't had the return from it. In 3 years only 12 sacks. That ain't getting the job done.

Looks like he'll average only 12 games a year after this season. Add that injury history to the lack of production, and he won't be a Saint next season.

Turning to Armstead, when he's on the field he's arguably the best left tackle in the NFL, and that was evident almost from day 1 of him starting. Armstead has also averaged 12 games per season for his career.

Huge difference in the two in terms of effectiveness while on the field.
‘2 firsts’ is just an unfair and not very informed way of evaluating a player
You’re cherry picking metrics
(I predicted when we picked him that he was going to get a similar treatment that Ingram got first few years - which was also unfair and misinformed)

similarly, just cherry picking sacks and not valuing the pressures and run sets that he contributes is just looking for reasons to be salty

It's all good.

Kwon averages 9 games a season? Well, let's count 8 games back from the Super Bowl and bring him back then. Okay, maybe 14.

We don't need our A team to beat the next couple of opponents and we can even afford to drop a couple in the first half of the season. But come November, we need these guys healthy, bulletproof, and ready to play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom