Kwon Alexander and Marcus Davenport to IR for minimum 3 games (1 Viewer)

It's all good.

Kwon averages 9 games a season? Well, let's count 8 games back from the Super Bowl and bring him back then. Okay, maybe 14.

We don't need our A team to beat the next couple of opponents and we can even afford to drop a couple in the first half of the season. But come November, we need these guys healthy, bulletproof, and ready to play.
We not looking at dropping anything. The next four games are winnable, even with our current injuries. If Payton employs the same type of game plan the next four games, with Allen/Richard doing the same on defense, the can easily win these games. They ran on offense and dared Green Bay to run on defense why blanketing some of the best WRs in the game with a rookie and veteran backups at corners. Don’t always need “big names” at every position. Lunch pail guys get the job done.

If you in the “all of you” group, then no need to quote you. If not, no need for you to even say anything.
Except for the fact that you actually quoted ME in your initial retort. The direct implication that I was included in the group that was "crying" to get him back.

So again, can you quote me? I'll wait.

I'd nominate both Kwon and Davenport for the annual Dannell Ellerbe Award, given to the player(s) that are bona-fide difference makers when they are healthy enough to play. Too much of a difference maker to cut, but you live in hope that they are available when you need them the most. I remember those years vividly. Having Ellerbe in the lineup vastly improved our defense, but you would be lucky if he was available to play in 8 out of 16 games. The difference between the Ellerbe years and now, is in the quality of their replacements. We have much better depth now, and better coaching. I'd still like to see both Kwon Alexander and Marcus Davenport stay healthy for a whole season. I'm sure they feel the same way.

Glad it's not a leg
Wouldn’t matter. Both players can be incredibly effective when available, but both long enough tenures now that missing significant time for injuries is the norm. Some players are just prone this way. Difficult to explain, but good this was determined on Davenport prior to offering expensive 2nd contract.

I don't see the point of being annoyed with players because they're "injury prone," because it's not something they have control over. It actually makes you appreciate the really good players who get a ton of snaps, and somehow NEVER (or almost never) get injured seriously enough miss games. I'm not going to name names for fear of jinxing, but y'all know some of the ones I'm talking about.

Honestly, I’m more shocked of how much of a surprise to people when they see Kwon and Davenport on an injury report lol…I think with their history of being labeled as “injury-prone,” the team is smart enough to know and see that as well.

I’m sure they have a game plan and unfortunately planned on their injuries and took their prospective injuries into account when they had created the 53 for this year. It’s called being a smart FO.

It’s the cold, hard truth

Glad it's not a leg
That's the only positive I see with Kwon. I kinda hoped we eased him in cause he's such a difference maker. I was so happy when we brought him back and now this. Seeing IR next to his name is a bummer even it is the 3 weeks variety.

Just tired of the injury history with our team. We can never be too happy.

We are fine at DE behind Davenport (see Tanoh K. and Granderson).

Baun needs to continue to contribute and if he's able to, then Kwon's absence will be minimized.
I agree.

I mentioned in another thread that Baun played 23 defensive snaps (per pro-football-reference) last week and there was little to no fall off in performance. This week will give us an opportunity to see how well he does taking the lion's share of the work. I think he'll do fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom