Kwon Alexander and Marcus Davenport to IR for minimum 3 games (1 Viewer)

Yep. Rather than lamenting these two missing three weeks, I choose to look at the bright side: an already solid defense gets to work in guys like Baun, Turner, and possibly Werner for some valuable primetime reps. That can only help us down the line—be it with on-field production or even negative evaluations. Let’s find out what we have.

I agree it will only help improve our depth when we are getting to the playoffs.

It’s such a shame because when those two guys are in - our defense in legitimately next-level.

Just watch the Baldy Breakdown video. More than half of the standout plays involved Davenport or Alexander - and in a few cases both players were wreaking havoc on the same play.

We will miss them, for sure.

I wish we could have a season where our high-potential guys could stay on the field - but it may not be a reality.

I wonder if it was playoffs if they’d be missing. Payton generally is more cautious with injuries, and with the extra game, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just being very cautious since he has the depth to do so.

I wonder if it was playoffs if they’d be missing. Payton generally is more cautious with injuries, and with the extra game, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just being very cautious since he has the depth to do so.
Any pec injuries are near impossible to play on, so doubt Davenport would suit up if this was Super Bowl.

We all hope he can recover, but realistic recovery from Grade 2 strain is closer to 6 weeks.

Two of the most dominant players in our first game out? Yeah, I'd say some strong reactions are justified.
Yeah but everytime we get injuries, people act like it is the end all be all situations. We are not the only team with significant injuries. Go around the league and you will see key players lost for the season. It is up to the coaches to prepare the next man up. If people want to see animated reactions, always tune in to game day thread or injury report of the week thread. Always bring out the clowns.

Could evil genius SP's plan be to only take Dav and Kwon off the shelf for Crucial Games?

GB - check

Seattle -

(Philly?)

TB Game 1 -

TB Game 2 -

Playoff Games -

Honestly... If we overcome these injuries and win a Superbowl.

The 1st thing NFL is doing is reverting back the IR rule..

Because we abusing it this year.

TQS
CRAWLEY
DAVENPORT
KWON
MCCOY

ETC... Season would be over if not for the 3 week IR rule.
We wouldn't have put some of them on IR with the original rule.

Also that CGJ is legit the swagger of our defense.
Exactly, plus his back up is PJ so if he and PJ can't go that sux, that being said, I feel like Kris Richards has everyone dialed up so I'm not so nervous esp if it's an injury where they may need to sit out. I'm more concerned w/ playoffs and making sure players are healthy then, at the right time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom