Kwon Alexander visiting Saints today (1 Viewer)

My heart wants the Saints to sign Kwon right now!!! But my head tells me that it’s not a smart idea to sign an injury prone guy coming off a serious injury.
My hope is that they're doing 2 things.
1. Giving him more time to heal and train
2. Maximizing the reps the younger guys get before potentially bringing him in.

My hope is that they're doing 2 things.
1. Giving him more time to heal and train
2. Maximizing the reps the younger guys get before potentially bringing him in.
I believe this. There is no need to put him through training camp. We saw how crazy fast he got integrated into system. It was less than a week.

I mean seriously!

After the Thomas and Harris news then signing Hogan and Lewis I want to see Kwon back in black and gold so I can feel like we did something good!
💯 agree. Loved his play and personality/blend with the guys.
My heart wants the Saints to sign Kwon right now!!! But my head tells me that it’s not a smart idea to sign an injury prone guy coming off a serious injury.
I too worry about this but would still like to see our front office give it a go. I know this is a tough injury, but Drew was ‘done’ too when we got him.

I believe this. There is no need to put him through training camp. We saw how crazy fast he got integrated into system. It was less than a week.
Don’t be surprised if they have a handshake deal with him to continue training outside and bring him in Week 1 against Green Bay. I agree. Give the young guys as many training camp and preseason snaps as possible. The vets know the system on both sides of the ball.

You mean like that Taysom Hill guy who was injured a lot at BYU? 🤔

:gosaints:
Taysom has had the luxury of playing light snaps for his entire NFL career, which gave him the ability to strengthen his body.

Kwon on the other hand has been playing heavy snaps at a very physical position for his entire NFL career. And then when he hasn’t been playing he’s been rehabbing some injury that’s kept him off the field.

I really do hope we sign Kwon and he contributes for at least most of the year. He’s a stud when he’s on the field, but right now I’m seeing flashes of Danelle Ellerbe.

I think he’s on hold until they find out how much we’re spending on CB2. That’s the bigger priority

I can see a couple things at play. Potentially while Kwon came in, while his doctors had said they cleared him, the Saints doctors and coaches weren’t comfortable with where he was at yet and out off a signing. Or, they wanted to see where he was at as a backup plan, but wanted to devote training camp to the young guys they have drafted and give them an honest chance at taking a starting job, knowing Kwon was close to healthy as needed as he doesn’t need training camp as bad as the first and second year players. I don’t know which way for sure, but the fact Kwon hasn’t been going around to every team, really pushing the market gives me the idea that maybe he’s not quite as ready as he is showing and while there is a handshake agreement, it will happen later in the season.

I think he’s on hold until they find out how much we’re spending on CB2. That’s the bigger priority
Could be, but players need to know that they have a job and a paycheck coming. It is odd that he supposedly had interest from like 4 teams, but only visited one that we know of.

Could be, but players need to know that they have a job and a paycheck coming. It is odd that he supposedly had interest from like 4 teams, but only visited one that we know of.
Yeah no news of visits or workouts anywhere makes me think there’s a contract that just has to be tweaked til we know how much cap we will have available. In the meantime, he doesn’t have to put camp reps on his body

I'd like to think that the Saints already have that #2 in Adebo.. keeping my fingers crossed that he lights it up during camp, & most importantly, stays healthy.. he could be the man for the spot.. i've seen enough highlights of the guy to know he's got the skillset, but we'll see..

NW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom