Kwon Alexander visiting Saints today (1 Viewer)

The good thing is we don't need Kwon to play obvious run downs which is not his strength. What we need him for is his pass defense. So we shouldn't have to play him as much as we needed him last year. I think Werner will do really well against the run. My concern is his foot speed and Kwon can hopefully relive that concern.

The good thing is we don't need Kwon to play obvious run downs which is not his strength. What we need him for is his pass defense. So we shouldn't have to play him as much as we needed him last year. I think Werner will do really well against the run. My concern is his foot speed and Kwon can hopefully relive that concern.
This is what I’m coming around to - with Kwon they can free up safeties to help CB2

Bring back Kwon, add Atkins or Short (if healthy, Short) and trade for Howard. (Yes, a first round pick.) The Saints Defense can carry the team. And, if Winston has a good year, the Saints can win the division again and maybe go really far into the playoffs. Loomis can make it work with the cap in 2021. We can worry about 2022, NEXT year.

If we do resign him, all I want us to do is just slowly ease him back in and not rush him back hard. We don't want the same fate that the Washington Football Team had suffered a few years back with a former Saints player who tore his Achilles one season and tore his other Achilles the following season.

The Saints represents the greatest opportunity for Kwon to get another payday especially coming off of a serious injury. He'd be coming back into a system that he knows that has other ballers that will make him stand out. Whereas he could sign for slightly more money somewhere else where he'd be going into a situation where he's trying to learn a new system and definitely not playing next to a DD caliber player.

If Kwon comes back fully healthy and picks up where he left off last year, he'd get a bidding war for his services and end up making more than taking a chance with a new team for slightly more money now. It's pretty much in his best interest to sign with the Saints. Of course, I'm pretty damned bias toward him signing with the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom