Kwon Alexander (1 Viewer)

If he isnt starting, they might be more inclined to sign someone who also plays special teams. But I would like to have him back, he brings good energy, even if he's on the sideline

I love Kwon as much as you guys but he’s dealt with some serious lower body injuries hamstring, torn Achilles, acl etc etc. Kwon is the type that relies heavily on his explosiveness and agility and going on his 8th year it’s a matter of time before these type of injuries end his career. If both players are getting the same type of offer ill take Joe Schobert at this point as he’s a tackling machine and not shabby with creating havoc turnovers and durable.
Thomas Davis tor his ACL every other year bro

Having even as a 3rd LBer is nice. You need someone who is starter quality to give DD and Werner a breather and keep them fresh. Lber is an intense position. They have to be or can be anywhere on the field it seems compared to D-linemen and secondary players

Thomas Davis tor his ACL every other year bro
Thomas Davis and Frank Gores of the world are modern marvels of the nfl man. If Kwon can be one of those type of beast more power to him and I’ll be rooting for him as I am a obvious fan of Kwon and have been for a very long time.

The Saints have invested a second in Werner and a third in Baun. Cap wise it makes sense to give both of them a shot at playing time if they believe in their scouts. We also have Kadem Ellis for depth and drafted Demario Jackson. Werner had a solid rookie season. Baun did not see the field much outside of special teams but had a solid preseason game versus the Ravens. With the depth the Saints have at safety (Mathieu, Maye, Garner-Johsnon, and PJ Williams) along with corner (Lattimore, Adebo, Roby, and Alontae Taylor) the secondary is loaded. We are going to be in nickel and dime with a safety covering a tight end or the slot instead of a linebacker much of the time. Once we drafted Jackson I think that sealed the roster spot for Kwon to not resign. Absent injury to Werner or Davis I don't think Alexander makes a lot of sense given our cap, desire to develop our younger linebackers, and the Saints generally only have two linebackers on the field.

Barry Sanders lead the nfl in lost yardage during his time playing but you wouldn't find a fan that didn't love him. I think that missed tackle stat is misleading. We are a better team with him, so I hope they bring him back. A lot of these stats are a crock of sheet. He may get credit for a missed tackle but his teammate gets the tfl stat.
I agree but I find it funny that Kwon would get a pass on missed tackles and yet nobody really gave Marcus Williams that benefit of the doubt not saying you personally but just that comment made me think of how Williams got dogged because of one horrible play in his rookie year and a bunch of his overall work was over shadowed because he would miss a couple of tackles here and there.

I agree but I find it funny that Kwon would get a pass on missed tackles and yet nobody really gave Marcus Williams that benefit of the doubt not saying you personally but just that comment made me think of how Williams got dogged because of one horrible play in his rookie year and a bunch of his overall work was over shadowed because he would miss a couple of tackles here and there.
With all due respect, what Williams did wasn’t even a missed tackle. Dude completely whiffed on a guy that was in the air (not a moving target on the ground), kept his head down, while executing the worst possible “tackling” technique. But he does get credit for the tackle on his own player😉. He turned out to be a fine player and he is handsomely paid now, but that will forever be etched in my brain for the wrong reasons.

With all due respect, what Williams did wasn’t even a missed tackle. Dude completely whiffed on a guy that was in the air (not a moving target on the ground), kept his head down, while executing the worst possible “tackling” technique. But he does get credit for the tackle on his own player😉. He turned out to be a fine player and he is handsomely paid now, but that will forever be etched in my brain for the wrong reasons.
This is EXACTLY the way I see it as well.

Barry Sanders lead the nfl in lost yardage during his time playing but you wouldn't find a fan that didn't love him. I think that missed tackle stat is misleading. We are a better team with him, so I hope they bring him back. A lot of these stats are a crock of sheet. He may get credit for a missed tackle but his teammate gets the tfl stat.

This bit of stat work is misleading. Barry had no QB, no O line. He wouldve held the all time rushing record had he kept playing despite of all that. He had to make multiple guys miss, multiple times as soon as he got the ball. I get the idea of a better team with Kwon, but oof.

Also when a safety, who is technically your “last line of defense”, misses a tackle - the consequences are usually a bit more severe than when a LB misses one within 5 yds of the line of scrimmage.

So it’s a little easier forgive Kwon.

Kwon could still be added. However, after all the moves at safety you have to think we will be running a lot of three safety sets. Kwon is just a 3rd down backer at this point. It would seem to me he is odd man out since he isnt going to be a better option than Warner in run support.

This bit of stat work is misleading. Barry had no QB, no O line. He wouldve held the all time rushing record had he kept playing despite of all that. He had to make multiple guys miss, multiple times as soon as he got the ball. I get the idea of a better team with Kwon, but oof.
Its not misleading, and I love Barry, but he had a good Oline, and the Qb's were descent in the top half of the nfl every year, along with some really good wr,s. His qb's might have been better if it wasn't 3rd and a mile because he got stopped for a 10 yard loss. Kwon may have missed tackles but he is slowing down the rb and someone else is able to clean it up. Our D gave up a lot of plays until he got in the line up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom