Match Up KWTPF Week 11 - It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World! (1 Viewer)

I would LOVE for New Orleans to host Chicago in a playoff game. ESPECIALLY if it were the NFC championship game.

I would LOVE for New Orleans to host Chicago in a playoff game. ESPECIALLY if it were the NFC championship game.
No doubt Reggie Bush would love to be at the Dome to watch that matchup as well!
I'm sure he would want to see some payback! :9:

“The Earl of Mahomes”
:)
The way I see it... with just a few more wins they are going to elevate that kid to royalty status.
He's pretty much there now, so a few losses by the Chiefs would be just fine in my book.

Packers (4-4-1) at Seahawks (4-5) – This is a tough game to pick for several reasons. Not only are their records similar, but both teams play in outdoor stadiums which we would not want to have to visit in the post season if our season suddenly starts going in the wrong direction. In the 7 games that remain for both teams, three are practically ‘gimmes’, while four will put up a real fight. While I believe that the odds are very low that we would have to make a playoff trip to either place, I can’t help but to believe that we would have a better chance of beating Seattle at their place than Green Bay at Lambeau if it came down to that. I do understand if you disagree with this one. So I’ll admit that my final ‘pull for’ decision is based on who now has the worst record. Thanks to the Packers half game lead… let's pull for the Seahags.

Just something to think about here: if the Seahawks lose tonight, the Rams clinch the West (if they beat the Chiefs). The Rams are a young team and clinching in week 11 is very early. I almost wonder if it might be better for our chances to take the top seed for the Seahawks to lose tonight so that the Rams might have the urge to take a little edge off as they go down the stretch. :scratch:

Just something to think about here: if the Seahawks lose tonight, the Rams clinch the West (if they beat the Chiefs). The Rams are a young team and clinching in week 11 is very early. I almost wonder if it might be better for our chances to take the top seed for the Seahawks to lose tonight so that the Rams might have the urge to take a little edge off as they go down the stretch. :scratch:
They would still have to fight for home field advantage, or whatever they call it in L.A. :ezbill:

True but psychologically it might help us actually if they go ahead and clinch.
I have to agree that the psychology angle is important. Payton and Co. know that it's important to keep up the intensity. The Rams haven't had the same background experience. Let me put it this way: it wouldn't be a disaster if Seattle wins for the reason you state. That said, a loss could take away from the Rams' confidence level.
Frankly, I think it's too early to be considering seriously all of these playoff projections. For me at this point, it's just win now. Too many variables are still at play, especially injuries and quirky games.

True but psychologically it might help us actually if they go ahead and clinch.
That's waaaaay too much head scratching for KWTPF. I'm just a brain dead writer who is happy if half of the 'pull for' suggestions come true. :hihi:
These picks are based on teams playing about the same unless (or until) there is no better seeding they can achieve. But as a rule we all probably do a lot more 'hoping' regarding these picks than true evaluating. I mean a lot of NFL games are pretty cut & dry regarding who is likely to win. It would be great if the Saints do all the winning and all the real contenders start losing. That's the stuff dreams are made of! :grin:

Now that we know the Rams can't clinch their division this weekend, we should expect nothing less than their best effort against the Chiefs. The loss of Kupp will thus give us a good idea how much he is/was needed to make their offense click. I suspect there will be a lot more concentration on Gurley in this game. Stopping him will be the key to a win this week.
A couple of losses by the Rams down the stretch will definitely pave the way for the Saints to grab hold of the #1 seed. And that would be glorious! :9:

My parents took the whole family to the Drive In. To see that movie.
Looking for the Big W.
As are the Saints.

My favorite cameo? Jerry Lewis running over Spencer Tracy's hat.

Here's to hoping dallas runs over the falcon's hat.

So far so good for the weekend kwtpf. Let's keep it going in the late games! Who Dat!

Edited: Bill still perfect through the Sunday afternoon games. 7-0 on KWPTF for the week with 2 games to go.

Last edited:
So far so good for the weekend kwtpf. Let's keep it going in the late games! Who Dat!

Edited: Bill still perfect through the Sunday afternoon games. 7-0 on KWPTF for the week with 2 games to go.
Minnesota better wake to have any chance for a sweep. But it ain't like this hasn't already been some kind of record. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom