Match Up KWTPF Week #14 – The SuperBowl Winning Formula (1 Viewer)

I used to write "Long Read" in the thread title, but I eventually left it out because the folks here came to understand that it is a weekly column where I try to include some substance to the write-up. But if the members here would prefer, I can definitely create these posts with a lot less verbiage. :scratch:

Please don't... it was just a little joke, I read most of it before my ADHD kicked it and I went browse baby yoda memes :very-happy:

Please don't... it was just a little joke, I read most of it before my ADHD kicked it and I went browse baby yoda memes :very-happy:
I just want to make sure that this is a weekly column that people here really want to read.
Without this, I'd just go back to my nothing life.
Well... I kind of do that anyway, so it's really no big deal. :hihi:

I just want to make sure that this is a weekly column that people here really want to read.
Without this, I'd just go back to my nothing life.
Well... I kind of do that anyway, so it's really no big deal. :hihi:

We absolutely want to read this weekly column... keep on rockin, its always great.
:worthy:

Anyone besides me think Buffalo has a good chance of beating the Ravens this weekend? They are the most overlooked good team in the AFC because they're a game behind the Pats in their division and the Pats get all the press. They're playing really good football and I think they can beat the Ravens if they don't lay an egg. The Ravens are coming off a big, emotional win and this could be a game where they actually come out flat. Josh Allen is a good scrambler and has a cannon for an arm. This is the second best matchup behind our game this weekend, IMO. I wish it wasn't a noon game so I could actually watch it and not just catch pieces of it on Red Zone while the Saints game is on commercials.

Since it's an AFC vs AFC matchup, it isn't in the KWTPF OP, which makes sense, but I didn't think it warrants its own thread since it has nothing really to do with the Saints or the rest of their season.

Anyone besides me think Buffalo has a good chance of beating the Ravens this weekend? They are the most overlooked good team in the AFC because they're a game behind the Pats in their division and the Pats get all the press. They're playing really good football and I think they can beat the Ravens if they don't lay an egg. The Ravens are coming off a big, emotional win and this could be a game where they actually come out flat. Josh Allen is a good scrambler and has a cannon for an arm. This is the second best matchup behind our game this weekend, IMO. I wish it wasn't a noon game so I could actually watch it and not just catch pieces of it on Red Zone while the Saints game is on commercials.

Since it's an AFC vs AFC matchup, it isn't in the KWTPF OP, which makes sense, but I didn't think it warrants its own thread since it has nothing really to do with the Saints or the rest of their season.
That will be a great game to watch as a football fan. But it will also be good to see how other teams prepare their defense against 'The Lamar Jackson Show'.
If Buffalo can have success against the Ravens' offense, it creates the blueprint of how best to attack a good team like Baltimore and it makes them appear a little less scary if we are good enough to play them in the Big Dance in February.

I have to pull for the Rams tonight. I think I’m gonna throw up.
Matter of fact if we win today I can’t pull for em. Just can’t.

Seahawks (10-2) at Rams (7-5) – I’m sure there was a time around the beginning of the season that this would have been a game that we would have been pulling for the Seahawks to win. But the Rams did us a big favor by returning to the ranks of mediocrity this year and giving us zero reasons to worry about L.A. taking this game. In fact, a Rams win over the Seahawks not only decreases the chances of Seattle earning the #1 Seed by 4%, it also increases our chance of grabbing that top spot by 9%! This is one of the few circumstances that I will suggest that we pull for the Rams. But it truly would help the Saints this time!

Do these numbers apply if there is a 3-way tie between Saints, 9ers and Seahawks???

Do these numbers apply if there is a 3-way tie between Saints, 9ers and Seahawks???
The numbers were based solely on what the records were prior to the start of the week.

Each new week is basically reset according to what is best for the Saints as the records for each team changes.

For instance, now that the Seahawks have lost tonight, we will likely be pulling for the later in the year when they play the 49ers because San Francisco now is the team we need to lose... at least twice.

It's not possible for a 3 way tie for 1st or 2nd seed if 2 of the teams are in the same division. If Seattle, SF, and N.O. are tied record wise the they first decide the winner of the NFC West. the loser of that goes down to a wild card or possibly no spot. Then the tie breaker rules apply to the remaining 2 teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom