KWTPF Week #2 (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A Fan’s Perspective

A season ends without the prize. There’s disappointment in our eyes.
While missing out is always tough, redemption can’t come soon enough.

Without our game it’s hard to cope, but deals are made that bring us hope.
Some shake their head and others vent. They don’t like how the money’s spent.

When our turn comes we choose our steeds, yet wonder if we’re filling needs.
From these bright faces they have said, will come the glory days ahead.

We sign the men to help us win, with months until we play again.
They show their skills in OTAs, while learning how to run the plays.

Impressing coaches by their heart, we see new names move up the chart.
On news from camp we all will feast, while searching for another ‘beast’.

For all those in the Who Dat! Nation, each summer brings anticipation
To learn if what we have is real. Will players prove it on the field?

The glass is full to loyal fans, who cannot wait to clap their hands!
The first four games we shrugged away. These didn’t matter anyway.

Yet soon would come another start;… a game not for the faint of heart
Exposing leaks that may not stop, both bones and dreams began to pop.

We questioned how they made that call. “Could he even catch that ball?!?!”
A final kick we took in stride. Too bad it went a little wide.

It hurts to lose and it’s a shame, there are so many that we can blame.
Though fair to say our road is bleak, it’s hard to judge from just one week.

A playoff year? I highly doubt. But stranger things have come about.
Yes, once again we’re 0 & 1, but why give up before we’re done?

With all the games that’s yet to play, perhaps our Saints can find a way.
The help we need is everywhere, and how it comes, I really don’t care.

Thus every loss and every win, will play a role in who gets in.
So stay involved just as before, by coming to know who to pull for. :)

Dallas 0-1 at Washington 0-1, In games such as this one a person can begin to wonder which of the two may make the most progress as the season progresses. Most people see some rapid maturing by Dak Prescott which would certainly help the Cowboys put up some good offensive numbers and help them in the Win/Loss records as well. Perhaps having the Redskins drop an ‘L’ on Dallas this week well pay some dividends if the Pokes continue to improve their Romo-less offense. HTTR!

Tennessee 0-1 at Detroit 1-0, Whether it surprises you or not to see the Lions at the top of the heap in the NFC North, it’s always a good thing to see even one of the lesser NFC teams fall to the AFC. We could use some early season support from the Titans. C’mon, it’s Detroit!

San Francisco 1-0 at Carolina 0-1, I must admit that I was more than a little surprised by the way the 49ers took the Rams apart in Week #1. But the blowout game did allow me to hit the sheets early during that late Monday Night game. Obviously it will always be hard to pull for San Francisco (especially since I’ve done it now for two weeks in a row! :covri: ), but I’m for anything that keeps Fig Newton from smiling all the way to the post season. So I’m pulling for the Panthers NOT to win. It just feels better to say it that way.

Seattle 1-0 at Los Angeles 0-1, So, it’s the first NFL regular season home game for Los Angeles since 1994 and it will be against Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. It would certainly be an epic victory for our Saints if any team is held back from running away with their division. And it would also be the kind of story that would be better than a Hollywood script. Ram dem Hawks!

Tampa Bay 1-0 at Arizona 0-1, The direction you go with this game is solely based on how legit you think the Buccaneers truly are. If you are one to assume that this ‘South Bay’ team will march undeterred through the NFC South, then you find it difficult to give them your support over a playoff caliber team like the Cardinals. However, if (like me) you see them as having eeked by a poor Atlanta team last week to garner the top spot in the division, then you will have no problem pulling for them to hang another loss on the Cardinals to make their climb a little tougher during the season. Let’s shock the world and make Arizona a really good 0-2 team.

Atlanta 0-1 at Oakland 1-0, Okay Raidahs, you managed to get away with ‘4th quarter murder’ last week and snuck out of town with a victory. Now it’s time for you to return the favor and take down the Dirty Birds for us. You know you WANT to, and we will all be pulling for you to start your season off at 2-0! Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?!?!

Green Bay 1-0 at Minnesota 1-0, Many are calling the Packers the team to beat in the NFC in 2016. The way that Aaron Rodgers is pulling off those miraculous tosses for touchdowns, it just might happen. But we would sure like to see those Vikings come into their gleaming new glass stadium on Sunday night “with thrashing oar” and put a whooping on the league’s ‘North Bay’ team. Do it for us! Do it for Teddy! Do it for the whole league! Just do it! *swoosh*

Philadelphia 1-0 at Chicago 0-1, Anytime I have to pull for Da Bears I have to allow myself to think back to those Saturday Night Live skits featuring George Wendt, Mike Myers, Chris Farley, and others as “Bill Swerski’s Superfans”, those pompous pizza-eating, beer-swilling Chicago fans who believed the sun rose and set on every sports team in the Windy City. The scenes were just crazy enough and lovable enough to allow myself to pull for the real Bears to even the records versus a team like the Eagles of whom I despise with a similar passion. I think I’ll go look up a few of the old skits now. Might even order a pizza tonight. Hmmmm…. :scratch:

New Orleans 0-1 at New York 1-0, And finally, unless you are already to the point that you are hoping for the top pick in the 2017 draft, the Saints season must officially turn around this week with a victory over Eli and his G-men in the Big Apple (or close by the place anyway). We will have to find some way of getting to Manning and keeping his flashy receivers from catching passes and running around at will. I better stop now before I depress myself even more. I think I need to pick up some beer to go with that pizza. Perhaps a keg will do.

I agree with all of them except Tampa. ALWAYS pull against division foes first and foremost. The only time to pull for a division opponent is late in the season when the division is not winnable and wild card spots are up for grabs.

I understand the line of reasoning regarding the Bucs vs Cards game. My way of seeing it is that Arizona still seems like the bigger threat to the Saints playoff hopes. We can control our own destiny more regarding the Bucs since we will play them twice. I think in the weeks to come we will know what Tampa Bay really has under the hood.

I believe there may be some who don't realize how much time and effort it takes to write the KWTPF each week. This week, for example-- with 9 of NFC interest: Even if it only took 5 mins. per game (...and I know it takes more), and you don't count the intro, that would be 45 mins. Add proofreading to the mix, and you're already over an hour.

If that's not enough for some to appreciate, then consider HOW MUCH SENSE each game prediction makes to the average WhoDat.

These weekly blurbs are great. They also help us to expand our vision and and keep up with the games that play into eventual tiebreakers, seeding and projected matchups in the postseason.

Keep up the good work, Bill. :9:

:gosaints:

I believe there may be some who don't realize how much time and effort it takes to write the KWTPF each week. This week, for example-- with 9 of NFC interest: Even if it only took 5 mins. per game (...and I know it takes more), and you don't count the intro, that would be 45 mins. Add proofreading to the mix, and you're already over an hour.

If that's not enough for some to appreciate, then consider HOW MUCH SENSE each game prediction makes to the average WhoDat.

These weekly blurbs are great. They also help us to expand our vision and and keep up with the games that play into eventual tiebreakers, seeding and projected matchups in the postseason.

Keep up the good work, Bill. :9:

I'm glad that you understand what is involved and I hope that most will find these write-ups to be informative as well as bring a wry smile to their face. But I also like to occasionally be controversial (when warranted) just so other ideas will get posted within the thread.

Thanks for the support. :shy: I'll do what I can to keep them going. :9:

The Raiders and Arizona should take care of business. I imagine Carolina will win. If we can win our game, we're top of the division at this time next week.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Okay, Bill Shakespeare. You have made the biggest KWTPF blunder of all time. Never, ever pull for the NFC South division leader, other than the Saints, to win any game. Division first, conference second.

Damned rookies. After last week's KWTPF, I thought you were ready for the big stage. I should have known better than to jump to conclusions after one week. Where's st dude when you need him? :D

Okay, Bill Shakespeare. You have made the biggest KWTPF blunder of all time. Never, ever pull for the NFC South division leader, other than the Saints, to win any game. Division first, conference second.

Damned rookies. After last week's KWTPF, I thought you were ready for the big stage. I should have known better than to jump to conclusions after one week. Where's st dude when you need him? :D

I know right? Apparently, he either didn't read the rules, or worse, forgot. Heh.

Good job otherwise Bill! :9:

:hihi: Oh yeah?!? Well, you'll all be very, very sorry when the Bucs are sitting at 3-13 at the end of the year and we are having to travel to University of Phoenix Stadium because Arizona beat Tampa Bay in Week 2!

Hey,... It could happen! :ezbill:

We thought the Camthers would come down to Earth last season, too. And they did. But in the Super Bowl.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

We thought the Camthers would come down to Earth last season, too. And they did. But in the Super Bowl.

The Winstoneers are no Camthers at the time of this writing. :idunno:

Why so nervous? :giggles:

:hihi: Oh yeah?!? Well, you'll all be very, very sorry when the Bucs are sitting at 3-13 at the end of the year and we are having to travel to University of Phoenix Stadium because Arizona beat Tampa Bay in Week 2!

Hey,... It could happen! :ezbill:

In the grand scheme of things, Arizona is a far, FAR better team than Tampa.

With that as an assumption, we'd do well to hope for Arizona to drop (lose) as many games as possible, even though it's still early in the season.

In the grand scheme of things, Arizona is a far, FAR better team than Tampa.

With that as an assumption, we'd do well to hope for Arizona to drop (lose) as many games as possible, even though it's still early in the season.

The very reason I'd prefer an Arizona loss this weekend instead of those wannabe Buccaneers.
Tampa Bay will stack up losses like cord wood all season long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom