Kyle Allen the last 4 games (1 Viewer)

It looks like he's fallen back down to Earth in recent weeks. The beginners luck has worn off, and teams have film on him now.
That's being kind to him.

He is approaching a point where he'll be considered as single-handedly losing games for Carolina.

teams have film on him now.

This is the key here. With a rookie QB you get the initial upside of "whoa, didn't think he could do that". Just like Gardner Minshew the rookies run through the basics of the offense quickly and then hit a wall. However, I think Allen's initial success was due in large part to CMac and it looks like he has finial been worn down due to over usage. CMac had been averaging about 20 touches per game leading up to the Clowns game. He had only 14 but that was likely due to the huge hole they were in.
The Panthers have always been a defense first and hope to keep it close. If they can do that then they can hang around and remain dangerous. If we can jump out on them early and put pressure on Allen to throw it then we should come away with a solid win.
However, its the NFC South so...

I think the Saints should try to destroy him.

I think it's because teams now have tape on him.

3 TDs
9 Ints

18 sacks

60.3 QB Rating

180 drop backs, 865 net yards passing, less than a 5 yard average.

Arguably the worst quarterback play in the NFL over that span.

That’s the reason Cam Newton will finish out his contract as Carolina starter in 2020. Like mentioned, Kyle Allen had that beginners luck of dazzling and wowing everyone with a fresh change of relief as the new guy no one never seen before. But at some point it was only matter of time that luck would run out and the backup rookie QB will show why he was an undrafted QB. He had a good run while it lasted, but most of that was attested to McCaffrey carrying the offense.

Their last 4 games are against all playoff contenders so I don’t see Carolina finishing the season better than 6-10. Washington might muster out a W when the two face off after Carolina play us, and have them lose out the rest of the way.

Allen has had an linteresting run. He's 5-3 overall. Doesn't feel like it, does it? Probably since they've lost three of four and those two blow outs were BLOW-OUTS.

The loss to Green Bay was close, but the Packers are overrated. Their defense is 28th! Otherwise, his line has been awful against good defenses and, like ours, it was terrible against Atlanta (speaking of film, the Falcons changed up their tactics and coaching). He played really well against Tennesee, really kept that game humming. Solid against Jax, too. The Tampa and Arizona games were also excellent. Passes were crisp, on time, and very accurate. He CAN be quite good. I think Carolina will limit the playbook this week and look to try to cross us up with mis-direction, like Altanta did. Fortunately, their lack of play-makers outside McCaffery helps (unlike Atl) and I don't think he'll be ready for all the noise y'all will bring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom