NFL Kyle Brandt (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
He just made an excellent point on Good Morning Football about the roughing the passer rules. We really don't want/need starting QBs getting hurt often. It's in everyone's best interest that they're protected more thoroughly. Especially when it's such a difficult position to begin with

Is there any evidence that less QBs are getting hurt since these stricter rules have been put into place? I tend to doubt that it's made any meaningful impact in that regard. I think it has more to do with the NFL wanting to look like it did something, regardless of whether or not it actually does anything.

Is there any evidence that less QBs are getting hurt since these stricter rules have been put into place? I tend to doubt that it's made any meaningful impact in that regard. I think it has more to do with the NFL wanting to look like it did something, regardless of whether or not it actually does anything.

Perhaps but it is a much better option than watching backups trying to pickup the slack. It's bad for the game & a ratings killer

But if the rule is hurting the enjoyment of watching the game while not solving the problem of QBs getting hurt, then it is the worst possible option.

It's irritating now true enough but I think the players will find a way to adjust which in turn the fans will settle in aswell

U can never solve all QBs injuries but u can find a way to reduce them even more

u can't phase out the pass rusher

They are phasing out tackling the QB, same thing.

Perhaps but it is a much better option than watching backups trying to pickup the slack. It's bad for the game & a ratings killer

And 15 yard penalties because the body of the pass rusher created too stiff a wind next to the QB, that's going to bring in the viewers.

He just made an excellent point on Good Morning Football about the roughing the passer rules. We really don't want/need starting QBs getting hurt often. It's in everyone's best interest that they're protected more thoroughly. Especially when it's such a difficult position to begin with
It took him this long to figure out why the NFL made the rule? Well done for catching up, Kyle.

The rules were only made to protect QBs like Brady, Brees, and Rogers. The money makers of the league.

I know they drive the league and losing one derails a season 98% of the time but injuries are a part of it.

The only answer is put flags on him. I know that sounds crazy, but I am being serious. It's the only way to remove contact with him.

I don't buy this as a reason. The talking heads will not accept this, but injuries are an integral part of football. We all know injuries can be the equalizer or the doom of any particular team at any season.

And in the injury circle, at times you win, at times you won't.

Fact is, the league have survived seasons without Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc.

I will gladly accept injuries on exchange of solid, defensive play. I am at the camp that the league now have rules that gives offenses pure advantage.

I miss those beautiful 9-6 score games, where you see a couple of great defenses take charge of the game.

If I were an NFL QB I would feel like a little birch because of this rule. Basically everyone is saying you are a puss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom