Kyle Pitts - Is it ever a good idea to take a TE with the 4th pick in the draft? The answer is no!!! (1 Viewer)

Pitts is an exception to me. He's not a true TE. Kind of a hybrid. He will be a mismatch for almost every backer and his size should kill slot corners. They knew they were losing Julio so they needed a mismatch threat and he could be that. Honestly dude could end up having a better career than most if not all of these receivers drafted this year.

Pitts is an exception to me. He's not a true TE. Kind of a hybrid. He will be a mismatch for almost every backer and his size should kill slot corners. They knew they were losing Julio so they needed a mismatch threat and he could be that. Honestly dude could end up having a better career than most if not all of these receivers drafted this year.
This.

Pitts isn't a TE. He's a mismatch that can't be covered. Too athletic for a LBer. Too powerful for a DB. If he's not an annual shoo-in for the Pro Bowl they should fire the entire offensive coaching staff. After how Waller had his way with the Saints last year, I shudder at the thought of Pitts playing the Saints twice a year.

Not at 4th over all. That's an (ATL) chump move. Can you name a TE killing it in the nfl, drafted in the high 1st round? None! Pitts was the highest drafted TE........ever! He might be all that. But, taking a TE with the 4th pick in the first, is a coach killer.

Not at 4th over all. That's an (ATL) chump move. Can you name a TE killing it in the nfl, drafted in the high 1st round? None! Pitts was the highest drafted TE........ever! He might be all that. But, taking a TE with the 4th pick in the first, is a coach killer.

Have you seen Pitts play?

The “TE” doesn’t mean you’re drafting Hoby Brenner.

He’s a WR in essence……and no one has a problem drafting a WR in the top picks.

Trust me, he’s not there to be blocking DE’s 1-1.

Pitts was the best football player in this draft and it wasn't really close.

Pitts was the best football player in this draft and it wasn't really close.
So...what you are telling me is, he is the best TE ever drafted and is going to rewrite TE history at the position next year? Because he would have to do just that. To justify being the highest drafted TE .....EVER!!! Btw..that mismatch window closes quickly when they get to the nfl. He will get his, and pro bowl a few, but not going to make the impact people think. Corners are biger now and know how to defend hy-bird TEs better.

So...what you are telling me is, he is the best TE ever drafted and is going to rewrite TE history at the position next year? Because he would have to do just that. To justify being the highest drafted TE .....EVER!!! Btw..that mismatch window closes quickly when they get to the nfl. He will get his, and pro bowl a few, but not going to make the impact people think. Corners are biger now and know how to defend hy-bird TEs better.
No, what people are telling you here is that he will be utilized at more than just the TE position.

I'm just telling you he was the best football player in the NFL draft. I love hating on the Falcons but this ain't it.

If we label Pitts as a WR would the pick be worth it? Because that's how he's going to be used, but the difference is defenses will have to decide how to cover him.

If you put a CB on him he can out-muscle DBs underneath. LBs can't cover him. Only a handful of safeties can play man coverage, and Pitts can beat them as well.

I hate the Falcons as much as anyone but I don't think this Tight End draft history moment applies here. The only problem with them drafting Pitts is that they really did nothing to help their garbage defense. They could have traded that pick and got a nice haul to help with their pseudo-rebuild.

But Pitts was well-worth being picked where he did. All we can do is hope ATL sucks with him.

That's your opinion. If he ends up being good it's worth it.

You need to get off the thought that certain positions aren't worthy of the #4 pick. That's nonsense. If you could draft a Tony Gonzales, Shannon Sharpe, Gronk, Kelce or Kittle at 4 you do it. In hindsight nobody would call anybody crazy for taking one of them dudes at 4.

You also need to get off the thought that he is a TE because his position says so. He is not a TE.

That's your opinion. If he ends up being good it's worth it.

You need to get off the thought that certain positions aren't worthy of the #4 pick. That's nonsense. If you could draft a Tony Gonzales, Shannon Sharpe, Gronk, Kelce or Kittle at 4 you do it. In hindsight nobody would call anybody crazy for taking one of them dudes at 4.

You also need to get off the thought that he is a TE because his position says so. He is not a TE.
Right. That’s what I don’t understand about this thread. There have been many tight ends who have produced like top 10 draft picks.

Pitts doesn’t have to “re-write the record books” to be worth the 4th pick in a certain draft. He just has to be a very productive offensive weapon, which it seems like he (unfortunately) will be.

And making fun of Atlanta is fun, but they drafted Pitts at around the same slot that many teams would have.

1. You obviously have never seen Pitts play football.
2. A TE has never been taken 4th overall, so you have nothing to compare it to.
3. End thread.

Pick one of these players.
Eric Fischer, Luke Joekel, Dion Jordan, Lane Johnson, Ezekiel Ansah or Travis Kelce.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom