Kyle Pitts - Is it ever a good idea to take a TE with the 4th pick in the draft? The answer is no!!! (1 Viewer)

I’m hate the Failcons as much (probably more) than any other Saints fan, but there’s no way to put a positive spin on Kyle Pitts landing on the Falcons. He’s a complete beast! A #1 WR that can legitimately play as an in-line TE. If Travis Kelce and Calvin Johnson had a baby together, that baby would be Kyle Pitts. He was considered by many to be the best prospect in the entire draft.

The only thing that can stop him from being a perennial All Pro and constant thorn in the Saints side is injury.

Well, Ryan has to be able to have time to actually throw it to Pitts....I'm actually glad they drafted him....that's not a knock on Pitts who obviously has great potential....it's a knock on the Falcons oline....I think our dline will match up nicely against them....

I’m hate the Failcons as much (probably more) than any other Saints fan, but there’s no way to put a positive spin on Kyle Pitts landing on the Falcons. He’s a complete beast! A #1 WR that can legitimately play as an in-line TE. If Travis Kelce and Calvin Johnson had a baby together, that baby would be Kyle Pitts. He was considered by many to be the best prospect in the entire draft.

The only thing that can stop him from being a perennial All Pro and constant thorn in the Saints side is injury.
I don’t think you realize how much I hate that team. 😀

The 4th round pick has a pretty good success rate no matter what position you take. From Supreme Court Justice to Zeke Elliot they have a pretty good track record.

Riley Odoms was a solid pick as a 5th pick
Ditka also a 5th was HoFer
Vernon Davis and Kellen Winslow were both great picks
Tony G was a 13th pick
Shockey was a 14th as was Bubba Franks
Russ Francis was a 16th
Mackey was a 19th pick (2nd rounder)
Ozzie, Dallas Clark, Raymond Chester, Mark Bruener were all picked in the 20s
Heath Miller, Olsen, Heap and Watson were picked from 30-32

There are much less frequent TE greats after that so I havent a problem with a TE as a 4th pick:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom