NFL Draft Kyle Trask Pro Day (2 Viewers)

Went searching for info on Trask and found this. A rather bleak take not only about Trask but our slot in the first round too.

You don’t throw like he did, for 2 years in a row in the modern SEC, and suck.
This guy wanted a contrarian POV article.
Nahhh... His arm talent is back up quality. If he can elevate the rest of his game. It would make an interesting case. Yet, Trask isn't worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. Just because you can tear up some covid defenses doesn't make you impossible to bust. Saints do like him in the 3rd.

Went searching for info on Trask and found this. A rather bleak take not only about Trask but our slot in the first round too.
Fansided website. No clue who that guy is, but he clearly doesn't like trask. He lost me when he tried to argue against trask's accuracy. It's pretty widely agreed upon that one of Trask's best traits is his accuracy/ball placement, and he's one of the most accurate QBs in the draft. Maybe the fan who wrote the article has an agenda to push Saints away so Trask falls to whatever team he likes? No clue, but take fansided articles with a heavy grain of salt

Last edited:
You don’t throw like he did, for 2 years in a row in the modern SEC, and suck.
This guy wanted a contrarian POV article.
SEC defenses the past few years have not been the SEC defenses of old. Plus, last year was definitely not a good indicator of defense, with all of the opt outs and stuff Covid brought. Just my $.02

Nahhh... His arm talent is back up quality. If he can elevate the rest of his game. It would make an interesting case. Yet, Trask isn't worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. Just because you can tear up some covid defenses doesn't make you impossible to bust. Saints do like him in the 3rd.
"Arm talent" is such a generalized "Trust me, I know what I'm talking about" statement. What does that even mean? Strength? Accuracy? A good looking bicep and forearm?

I don't care if we draft him or not, but just making a blanket statement about his "arm talent" without giving any supporting evidence indicates you're just trashing a player you don't like.

Not a fan of his throwing mechanics. He's long bet gamble.
Here's another. His "throwing mechanics" without giving any details of what that means. Just more buzz words that you think will have people fooled into thinking you know what you're talking about. What about his "throwing mechanics" are you not a fan of?

Fansided website. No clue who that guy is, but he clearly doesn't like trask. He lost me when he tried to argue against trask's accuracy. It's pretty widely agreed upon that one of Trask's best traits is his accuracy/ball placement, and he's one of the most accurate QBs in the draft. Maybe the fan who wrote the article has an agenda to push Saints away so Trask falls to whatever team he likes? No clue, but take fansided articles with a heavy grain of salt
Oh I agree, and I do, along with most of what I read.

Also, a quick recap of previous posts you've made of recent quarterbacks with your brilliant eye for QB talent:
Josh Allen is pretty mediocre. I don't know. Ravens are the only team in that draft with a high performing QB. And he has his woes as well.

I think the Jets are ruining Darnold, but I only had his ceiling as a top 15 QB at best. When I say Top 15... I mean like 12-15th best QB.
Re: Jalen Hurts
The best thing going for him is his leadership ability. He's the best leader in the draft to go along with his elite athleticism.

It would be difficult for him to have any real success at QB in the NFL. This is the one time a black QB maybe should consider moving to a different skill position may hold some merit. He has all world talent, but his QB play is just super questionable. Even after a spectacular season in Oklahoma.

Still my number 1 QB on the board.

So to recap, Josh Allen is mediocre. Jalen Hurts should play a different position because he won't have any "real success at QB in the NFL" and Tua was your number 1 QB on the board.

Link? Everything i’ve seen stems from the ESPN insider, Jeremy Fowler, report saying Saints like trask. Then reports just speculate where saints may target him based on mock drafts. Besides, i just like hearing they like him. I wouldn’t trust leaks about how high they rank him
LINK
Via Adam Wells of Bleacher Report, ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported on Saturday’s “SportsCenter” that the Saints “like” Florida quarterback Kyle Trask. Trask is ranked by many pundits as the sixth-best quarterback in the class, behind the five quarterbacks who are likely to be selected within the top 10-15 picks of the draft.
I assume this is what you were talking about.

Arm talent. Are we talking distance thrown? Brees didn't have a great deal of that. But the ball could be delivered with enough zip. And even when he lost that, he was accurate. He threw a very catchable ball.

Trask does similar things. So is his air velocity low? Can he not flick the ball 70 yards downfield like Fields, Wilson, or Lance? Are those nice to have traits but not all important? Being able to extend plays and put the ball right where it needs to be are far more important.

And I'm not even saying we need to draft Trask...but I wouldn't be upset if we grab him.

LINK

I assume this is what you were talking about.
I've seen the Fowler report saying the Saints like Trask. I was requesting a link from the person who posted it was leaked the saints like Trask as "a mid round prospect". Everything I've seen has been speculation as to where Saints may target him

Also, a quick recap of previous posts you've made of recent quarterbacks with your brilliant eye for QB talent:

Re: Jalen Hurts

So to recap, Josh Allen is mediocre. Jalen Hurts should play a different position because he won't have any "real success at QB in the NFL" and Tua was your number 1 QB on the board.
On point!

Whether you like Gordan Hayward or not is besides the point. He's a basketball player and this thread should be moved to the Pels board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom