Kyle Turley on Dr. Phil (1 Viewer)

Talking about Cannabis as a cure for Covid-19.
Reports from medical experts claim that is not only false but smoking weed can actually increase risk. I don't want to post all the links but Google it and you'll find numerous articles.

Good for Kyle. I've often said Vaughn Johnson is my favorite player, but Kyle Turley is on that list too. Dude was a warrior who bled passion, and I was embarrassed how the Saints handled his situation.

He stepped into Roafs shoes seamlessly and was the consummate team first player. Am I the only guy who thinks he should've gotten an extension & raise after showing what happens to guys who cheapshot your franchise QB in the pile? At a minimum, Brooks shoulda paid that fine for him. Instead, we threw him under the bus and made him the poster boy for roid rage.

Unsung hero, IMO. And glad to hear he's getting help with quality of life. Good for you Kyle!
I absolutely loved it when he through that helmet. My buddies who weren't Saints fans said they loved it too.

One of my first football memories having moved here in 1999 was a advert for The Saints
It involved him putting hot sauce on his gum shield with the caption “football, it’s different down here” loved that ad ?

Good for Kyle. I've often said Vaughn Johnson is my favorite player, but Kyle Turley is on that list too. Dude was a warrior who bled passion, and I was embarrassed how the Saints handled his situation.

He stepped into Roafs shoes seamlessly and was the consummate team first player. Am I the only guy who thinks he should've gotten an extension & raise after showing what happens to guys who cheapshot your franchise QB in the pile? At a minimum, Brooks shoulda paid that fine for him. Instead, we threw him under the bus and made him the poster boy for roid rage.

Unsung hero, IMO. And glad to hear he's getting help with quality of life. Good for you Kyle!
No sir, you are not.

I despised Aaron Brooks after he called out Turley in a postgame press comment for costing them a penalty because of his actions.

He should have celebrated an O lineman standing up for him

Turley is a guy some people love after the fact, but I remember a lot of Saints fans who were unforgiving when he ripped Robinson's helmet off and threw it. If I'm not mistaken it was a costly penalty in a close ball game that we lost. Some loved him for it, others hated him. That seemed to be the culture back then. The fans were split on Brooks, Turley, the coaching staff, etc.
IIRC the larger cause of that loss was that the Saints could not stop the Jets running game and I had the distinct displeasure of watching former Maryland Terp LaMont Jordan run up and down the field against the Saints. Jordan had 11 carries for 75 yards, and he didn't enter the game until Curtis Martin got hurt, :mad:

Last edited:
IIRC the larger cause of that loss was that the Saints could not stop the Jets running game and I had the distinct displeasure of watching former Maryland Terp LaMont Jordan run up and down the field against the Saints. Jordan had 11 carries for 75 yards, and he didn't enter the game until Curtis Martin got hurt, :mad:
The jets scored 16 points. I don't think a large portion of this loss is on the defense...

The jets scored 16 points. I don't think a large portion of this loss is on the defense...
No, it wasn't but the Jets gained 142 yards on the ground vs 130 through the air. That loss just seemed emblematic of the Haslett-led Saints finding new and interesting ways to lose games, never mind the no-call on Robinson for grabbing Brooks by the face mask and turning his head around backwards.

Good on Turley for getting his life back together, and not becoming yet another CTE statistic.

Last edited:

Turley was nowhere near the player Willie Roaf was. I understand there are fans who will get all amped up thinking of the helmet throw, but you cannot give him an extension/raise based upon him acting like a child throwing a tantrum.
That said, and based upon his story, I feel for the guy and am glad that Cbd is helping him in life.

his story about planning to kill himself and calling the NFL suicide hotline is pretty amazing....
you know i really like how Joe Johnson told his girl friend what was up with kyle, and the severity of his situation

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom