Kyle Turley on Dr. Phil (2 Viewers)

his story about planning to kill himself and calling the NFL suicide hotline is pretty amazing....

Good for Kyle. I've often said Vaughn Johnson is my favorite player, but Kyle Turley is on that list too. Dude was a warrior who bled passion, and I was embarrassed how the Saints handled his situation.

He stepped into Roafs shoes seamlessly and was the consummate team first player. Am I the only guy who thinks he should've gotten an extension & raise after showing what happens to guys who cheapshot your franchise QB in the pile? At a minimum, Brooks shoulda paid that fine for him. Instead, we threw him under the bus and made him the poster boy for roid rage.

Unsung hero, IMO. And glad to hear he's getting help with quality of life. Good for you Kyle!

Well of course he's hawking cannabis as a cure-all...…......didn't he just open a dispensary?

I'm not as in love with Turley as some of you guys are and I have my own reasons for that.
Were you once a Jets fan or something?

Turley is a guy some people love after the fact, but I remember a lot of Saints fans who were unforgiving when he ripped Robinson's helmet off and threw it. If I'm not mistaken it was a costly penalty in a close ball game that we lost. Some loved him for it, others hated him. That seemed to be the culture back then. The fans were split on Brooks, Turley, the coaching staff, etc.

Turley is a guy some people love after the fact, but I remember a lot of Saints fans who were unforgiving when he ripped Robinson's helmet off and threw it. If I'm not mistaken it was a costly penalty in a close ball game that we lost. Some loved him for it, others hated him. That seemed to be the culture back then. The fans were split on Brooks, Turley, the coaching staff, etc.

That penalty did cost the Saints the game against the Jets. They were in the red zone and the penalty moved them back 15 yards and they never recovered.

The thing that chapped my rear end the most was there was no flag thrown on the Jets and they had a grand old time laughing and yucking it up that Turley had done something so stupid and cost his team the game.

Were you once a Jets fan or something?

No I was never a Jets fan...…….I was a Packers fan until 1967 when the Saints showed up.

Ya boy owns a CBD business and was ordered by law to remove misleading info from his website pertaining to exaggerated and unproven claims about how effective CBD is at preventing Covid. He's just another snake oil salesman at this point. I'm in favor of fully legalized weed and believe it probably does have many positive applications in medicine but when bozos like him go around lying and/or exaggerating to try to cash in on the most serious global health crisis of our lives, it's a pretty clear indication of who they really are.

That penalty did cost the Saints the game against the Jets. They were in the red zone and the penalty moved them back 15 yards and they never recovered.

Part of me says, 'kudos to Turley for sticking up for his QB.' But at the same time, I remember that sequence of events like it was yesterday and he absolutely put us in a terrible position. His actions did not help the team in any way. Of all of the heartbreak we've suffered as Saints' fans, that was the only time I've ever throw the remote against the wall. And we've had some dark times...

Just a boneheaded emotional play that screwed us. There's not enough cannabis in the world to make me forget.

Good for Kyle. I've often said Vaughn Johnson is my favorite player, but Kyle Turley is on that list too. Dude was a warrior who bled passion, and I was embarrassed how the Saints handled his situation.
I agree but I think its worth mentioning that Turley became the Saints NFLPA player rep. Based on the climate at the time and his temperament I imagine that created extra tension between Turley and management.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom