Kyle Williams “shocked” NFL didn’t investigate Giants targeting him (1 Viewer)

jkupps2415

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Maybe enough is enough, but just another instance of bounty hypocrisy by the League Office:

"Wide receiver Kyle Williams won’t be playing in the Super Bowl because of a torn ACL, but he’s in New Orleans with the 49ers and answering questions about his last playoff appearance.

That would be last year’s NFC Championship Game loss to the Giants, which featured a pair of Williams fumbles on punt returns that helped the Giants advance to the Super Bowl. After the game, a couple of Giants players said that they wanted to put hits on Williams that would bring his concussion history into play. Former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams also talked about targeting Kyle Williams’ head in the infamous audiotape from the previous week’s game and the 49ers receiver said Wednesday that he was “shocked” that the Giants’ comments weren’t investigated by the league.

<b> &#8220;When the bounty stuff came out and Gregg Williams had said the same things, basically, they went for his neck with that and they took that to the absolute highest level they could. But it was almost like when the Giants said it, it was not a big deal,&#8221; Kyle Williams said, via Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. &#8220;That&#8217;s the only thing that kind of shocked me. I thought that would have the same reaction because it was the same exact thing. &#8221;</b>'

Read the rest here: Kyle Williams

yeah just more proof to along with the text message that Gregg sent to Vitt that we were fall guys for this lawsuit ish

It was bull, its obvious it was bull but hey what can we do about it. Truth was every team did it but greggs was more organized and the recordings..........the recordings were exactly what made this ish full go.

This is great. I feel that both teams have fully embraced the spirit of New Orleans and are doing their very best to piledrive the commish.

It's too late now, he should have made a big deal when it happened....he should have got his dad to make a big deal when it happened. It's way too late now. Remember his dad made a big deal about us targeting him, he didn't even care about the Giants. Comical they waited all this time after, and now he's running his mouth. It's way too late now son....

Maybe enough is enough, but just another instance of bounty hypocrisy by the League Office:

"Wide receiver Kyle Williams won&#8217;t be playing in the Super Bowl because of a torn ACL, but he&#8217;s in New Orleans with the 49ers and answering questions about his last playoff appearance.

That would be last year&#8217;s NFC Championship Game loss to the Giants, which featured a pair of Williams fumbles on punt returns that helped the Giants advance to the Super Bowl. After the game, a couple of Giants players said that they wanted to put hits on Williams that would bring his concussion history into play. Former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams also talked about targeting Kyle Williams&#8217; head in the infamous audiotape from the previous week&#8217;s game and the 49ers receiver said Wednesday that he was &#8220;shocked&#8221; that the Giants&#8217; comments weren&#8217;t investigated by the league.

&#8220;When the bounty stuff came out and Gregg Williams had said the same things, basically, they went for his neck with that and they took that to the absolute highest level they could. But it was almost like when the Giants said it, it was not a big deal,&#8221; Kyle Williams said, via Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. &#8220;That&#8217;s the only thing that kind of shocked me. I thought that would have the same reaction because it was the same exact thing. &#8221;'

Read the rest here: Kyle Williams
Was it his outside ACL?

Seriously though - after all that GGG bravado and Pamphilon recording, ironic that somebody else injured him besides us.

yeah just more proof to along with the text message that Gregg sent to Vitt that we were fall guys for this lawsuit ish

It was bull, its obvious it was bull but hey what can we do about it. Truth was every team did it but greggs was more organized and the recordings..........the recordings were exactly what made this ish full go.

What text are you referring to? Did I miss something?

What text are you referring to? Did I miss something?

The text message that Gregg sent Vitt

Something along the effects of "For your information ive received calls/support from 25 other teams stating i have to stand firm and take the fall because every team does this....[Mod Edit :nono: Veiled Profanity] me"

Not exact but yeah.

No surprise. I've had the signature below for the past six months. It's always been proof to me that Goodell was singling out the Saints.

Further proof we were right that everyone tries to put players out of the game:

&#8220;Guys try to put guys out of the game every single game,&#8221; Williams said.

Something along the effects of "For your information ive received calls/support from 25 other teams stating i have to stand firm and take the fall because every team doe this....[Mod Edit :nono: Veiled Profanity] me"

Not exact but yeah.

Yeah I can't find a story on that anywhere

It's too late now, he should have made a big deal when it happened....he should have got his dad to make a big deal when it happened. It's way too late now. Remember his dad made a big deal about us targeting him, he didn't even care about the Giants. Comical they waited all this time after, and now he's running his mouth. It's way too late now son....

Why is it too late? Our punishment came 3 years after the accusations.

mbg

Why is it too late? Our punishment came 3 years after the accusations.

mbg

Where was his dad making a big deal about this when it first happened? They did not even care when it first happened. No one cares right now cause the Giants are the same old average team they always are after winning a Super Bowl.

Instead of his dad wanting to go after us for "targeting my son" they should have talked about the Giants bragging to the media about it. Since that was around the same time!

New York teams are immune to such standards, how many times have we heard Jets defenders talking about putting hot-sauce on Reggie Bush or x player and then Reggie Bush gets injured? I would love to see a Saints defensive captain say "Yeah, Michael Turner is a big part of the Falcons offense, we need to put hot sauce on him when we get a chance"

Every media member would blow it up into bounties, the league would investigate, people would be suspended.

But do you think it's too late now?

Something along the effects of "For your information ive received calls/support from 25 other teams stating i have to stand firm and take the fall because every team doe this....[Mod Edit :nono: Veiled Profanity] me"

Not exact but yeah.

I don't doubt that GW sent that text to Vitt, but I have trouble believing that coaches from 25 other teams actually called Williams to say, "We do it to, take the fall for us." That makes little sense to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom