Kyle Williams “shocked” NFL didn’t investigate Giants targeting him (1 Viewer)

I don't doubt that GW sent that text to Vitt, but I have trouble believing that coaches from 25 other teams actually called Williams to say, "We do it to, take the fall for us." That makes little sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me. If you see someone dropping the hammer for something you're doing, you want another guy to take the fall and take the heat off you. The NFL had him over a barrel, the other coaches say "Hey, I know this sucks, but take one for the fraternity and we'll make sure you get a job when you come back."

I can totally see that happening.

This story is blowing up pretty good on PFT. Would love to see it gain some traction with the media as the week continues.

I don't doubt that GW sent that text to Vitt, but I have trouble believing that coaches from 25 other teams actually called Williams to say, "We do it to, take the fall for us." That makes little sense to me.

Its in the article that they just posted. Unless vitt was lying.

Let me look for it.

Joe Vitt's anger, frustration and wit displayed in New Orleans Saints bounty appeals testimony | NOLA.com

Vitt also shared a text he received from Williams that read, "For your information, I've had 20-plus teams reach out to me saying that I must stand firm to take the heat because all teams do this. (Expletive) me."

Maybe enough is enough, but just another instance of bounty hypocrisy by the League Office:

"Wide receiver Kyle Williams won’t be playing in the Super Bowl because of a torn ACL, but he’s in New Orleans with the 49ers and answering questions about his last playoff appearance.

That would be last year’s NFC Championship Game loss to the Giants, which featured a pair of Williams fumbles on punt returns that helped the Giants advance to the Super Bowl. After the game, a couple of Giants players said that they wanted to put hits on Williams that would bring his concussion history into play. Former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams also talked about targeting Kyle Williams’ head in the infamous audiotape from the previous week’s game and the 49ers receiver said Wednesday that he was “shocked” that the Giants’ comments weren’t investigated by the league.

<b> &#8220;When the bounty stuff came out and Gregg Williams had said the same things, basically, they went for his neck with that and they took that to the absolute highest level they could. But it was almost like when the Giants said it, it was not a big deal,&#8221; Kyle Williams said, via Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. &#8220;That&#8217;s the only thing that kind of shocked me. I thought that would have the same reaction because it was the same exact thing. &#8221;</b>'

Read the rest here: Kyle Williams

But they did look into it and gave a response:
The Giants went into spin-control mode a few days later, with players such as Justin Tuck and Michael Boley saying they'd never gone into a game with the intent to injure anyone. And NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in that same Times story that the Giants were in no trouble from the league because "players are held accountable for their actions on the field" and "there were no illegal hits to the head or neck area against Kyle Williams on Sunday. There was no conduct by the Giants of any kind that would suggest an effort to injure Kyle Williams in any way."

Didn't the Giants target Kyle Williams too? - NFC East Blog - ESPN

:covri:

If I could fly i'd float over to Goodells place and puke on that clown. Cause it turns my stomach to know he isn't getting punished even though there's tons of evidence pointing out what a putrid pile of dung he is. I hope it's karma that gets him, at least he has it coming.

There's just one thing I really don't get. I believe people don't usually want to do the wrong thing. How does he justify all of this? Does he really think the way he acts is OK? He has to be a grade 1 narcist and drunk from power.

But do you think it's too late now?

Absolutely. This was never an us against them, it was plain old dirty resentment by Goodell that made this happen. And he used cheap dirty scapegoats to make it seem tangible (Cerrulo, Williams).

I have even more greater faith in my team, because they to a man never bought into the coercion -- the claim that other coaches and players confessed or corroborated.

Still no evidence. Still no proof.

Raw egg still slimes down Goodell's face.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

The problem with your logic is that the horse isn't dead; he's the commissioner of the NFL. He will continue to ignore or make apologies for the "big market" teams' screw-ups. He will also continue to burn the evidence of cheating (Pats' spygate) when he is forced to do something about it, but doesn't want to do what should be done to a "big market" team.

There is no dead horse here to beat since this lunacy will continue as long as Goodell is in charge of the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom