L.A. stadium developer targeting 6-7 teams (1 Viewer)

Metro Populations (rounded up to nearest million) and number of NFL teams
1. New York, 19 million 2 NFL teams
2.Los Angeles 13 million 0 NFL teams
3 Chicago 10 million 1 NFL team
4.Dallas 6 million 1 NFL team
5 Philadelphia 6 million 1 NFL team
6 Houston 6 million 1 NFL team
7 Miami 5 million 1 NFL team
8 Atlanta 5 million 1 NFL team
9 Washington DC 5 million 1 NFL team
10 Boston 5 million 1 NFL team
11 Detroit 4 million 1 NFL team
12 Phoenix 4 million 1 NFL team
13 San Francisco 4 million + 31 San Jose 2 million 2NFL teams
14 Riverside/San Berdoo 4 million 0 NFL teams
15 Seattle 3 million 1 NFL team
16 Twin cities 3 million 1 NFL team
17. San Diego 3 million 1 NFL team
18. Saint Louis 3 million1 NFL team
19. Tampa 3 million 1 NFL team
20 Baltimore 3 million 1 NFL team
21 Denver 3 million 1 NFL team
22 Pittsburgh 2 million 1 NFL team
23 Portland 2 Million 0 NFL teams

as for the ones you bolded-- i'm sorry, but after living in L.A. for six years, i can tell you that the overwhelming majority of residents are transplants with allegiances to whatever team they grew up with.. i used to go to a bar that was Sains/Eagles, other bars were 49er bars, or Steelers bars, etc.. Just because it has the quantity of residents does not mean that a local team would be supported there, as evidenced by the fact that two teams have departed in the last 20 or so years.

As for Portland, one team in the Pacific Northwest is plenty enough-- that is simply my opinion, but i think that it's a popular sentiment.

Why can't the NFL just put 4-8 more expansion teams in the league? However, I don't look for that to happen.

wow... short of the Saints moving, i can't imagine a worse solution than this.. The talent in the NFL is already diluted enough with 32 teams, IMO it would be absurd to add even one or two more teams, much less 4 to 8.. And to have 40 teams to keep up with, and competing for a championship each year, plus the realignment nightmare?? Don't think so.

wow... short of the Saints moving, i can't imagine a worse solution than this.. The talent in the NFL is already diluted enough with 32 teams, IMO it would be absurd to add even one or two more teams, much less 4 to 8.. And to have 40 teams to keep up with, and competing for a championship each year, plus the realignment nightmare?? Don't think so.

Agreed. There already aren't enough good QB's, I mean JaMarcus Russell is starting.

Jacksonville Jagaurs can be the LA _________. Fill in the blank.
_Wild Fire__

"The Rams back in Southland? Be very afraid" (L.A. Times)

The headline for T.J. Simers's column in the print edition of today's in today's print L.A. Times reads:

"So if Rams return to L.A., can we throw them back?"

Excerpts from the on-line version (same text, different headline):

"The Rams back in Southland? Be very afraid"

The team's ineptitude, and the depressing atmosphere in St. Louis, are reminiscent of Rams' last days in Anaheim. Oh, and they could be free to move again in a few years.

It's "Throwback Sunday," which is why I'm [in St. Louis], you know, just making sure no one gets the idea of giving us the Rams back.
Remember when the Rams were "thinking" about moving? They were Chris Miller horrible, some arguing the organization went belly up on purpose to convince other owners they couldn't make it financially in Anaheim. I think I have a pretty good idea how ticket sales and sponsorships are going around here, the product on the field only as embarrassing as the one they have right now in Oakland. Sooner or later, one of them just might try to come back, Sundays spent like this a reminder of just how good L.A. has it.

I live a block away from the Rams' old headquarters building on Pico Boulevard. The Rams kept this building for years after they left town--among other things it was office space for certain executives who elected not to move to St. Louis. About 5 years ago there was a report that 20th Century Fox was taking this building over. There's no sign on the building anymore, and it's generally locked up, but I looked in a darkened window the other day, and was surprised to see that assorted Rams memorabilia (framed photos, trophies, etc.) are still all over the place. So who knows?

i live in cali and i'll tell u what, there are more raider fans in LA and san diego then charger fans. i think the raiders moving to LA would be a good move, they already have a huge fan base

They would have to get get rid of their mentally challenged owner. The Raiders suck!

I could be wrong, but only the home market gets blacked out, not everyone else. I was able to watch the Detroit game (well parts of it) even though it was blacked out in Detroit. Or am I crazy?

Yeah, it's stations within a 100-something mile radius of the home city.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom