LA REFS (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
How do you get not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 refs from LA doing the same game a Championship game at that. With a LA team playing in the game

Add to that the ref is a former player for the Rams & Falcons at that.

This reminds me of that old High School game me and my brother attended decades ago that had State Playoffs implications on the line. Turns out the winning team had 4 refs that all played at the winning High school :eek:.

[IMG]https://saintsreport.com/data/avatars/l/9/9466.jpg?1548282402[/IMG]
sterw
Rookie
JoinedMar 14, 2006Messages91Ratings109
I just watched the play on the coaches film on NFL Game Pass. You could clearly see the Down Judge, Patrick Turner (lives in Lakewood, CA) reach for the flag as Side Judge, Gary Cavaletto (lives in Santa Barbara, CA) signaled incomplete while running toward him. Cavaletto waves off CSP as he jogs toward Turner, motioning two hands together signaling "Bang Bang" play. Cavaletto probably had an obstructed view of the ball when he made the call, but Turner did not. He should have overruled him but backed off. Back Judge Todd Prukop (lives in Ladera Ranch, CA), had a clear view of both and swallowed his flag as well. You can also see Referee Bill Vinovich (lives in San Diego) has a clear view of the play too, yet does nothing.

How does the NFL allow FOUR officials from within 2 hours of LA to work this game. Since it was a game changing flag, one that would prevent their "hometown" team from reaching the Super Bowl, it would be difficult to go home to Rams fans, business associates or customers of their businesses. And if you had aspirations of being a Referee one day, would you throw a flag when the league is trying to help LA build a fan base

On Saint's last play of OT, Drew is clearly hit while the DB clearly hits Michael Thomas while the ball is in air (great shot on all 22 coaches film), yet there is no Roughing the passer call for a head shot (Vinovich) and no PI or Illegal Contact on DB. Guess who was the closest official to that call? Cavaletto (Santa BarbaraL, CA) & Prukop (Ladera Ranch, CA).

Why haven’t any officials been fired yet? The precedent was set earlier this year when an official missed an offsides call in the SD vs clev game. Official was fired a day later. This being the nfc championship is that much worse. Nothing but silence from the league. I get more P'Oed about it each day.

I don't think that's correct. The official that played for the Rams and Falcons is Phil McKinley. He was not a part of the crew this weekend.
That’s correct. Guy was getting all types of hate and he wasn’t even working the game that weekend although that’s his normal crew. At least two refs lived in close proximity to Los Angeles. One lived in Irvine and the other in Riverside.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom