Lab analysis of Subway tuna sandwiches fails to identify tuna DNA (1 Viewer)

At least it’s a fish that came from water

I half expected the final analysis to be: Substance Unknown
I guess ‘fish salad’ doesn’t have the marketing appeal
This was the issue with Chilean sea bass years ago - it became such a boutique fish that everyone clamored for it and it got over fished -chefs knew that most people can’t distinguish one white fish from another so just substitute and don’t tell them
As long as it’s fish and doesn’t have oodles of mercury in it, it’s fine

So, processed food good, and fossil fuel is good also?!?!

1624423994956.png

I think we like to put stuff in good and bad buckets, but its more nuanced than that.
If you have means to buy healthier food, you probably should, but you probably shouldn't say all processed foods should be banned as other people who are not as well off may depend on them to live.

The latest DNA analysis found that it was actually pogies from Cameron Parish. So take advantage of the "tuna" special and support your local fisherman. :9:

Ain't nobody eating pogies but most Gulf seafood fish eat pogies and a menhaden meal product is a common feed supply in pork and poultry, as well as in aquaculture including farm-raised salmon (like "Atlantic Salmon").

So all of us carnivores are eating pogies one way or another.

Ain't nobody eating pogies but most Gulf seafood fish eat pogies and a menhaden meal product is a common feed supply in pork and poultry, as well as in aquaculture including farm-raised salmon (like "Atlantic Salmon").

So all of us carnivores are eating pogies one way or another.
Ever get a whiff of the lovely odor coming from a pogie processing facility? 🤮

I can understand Subway flourishing in areas not known for good sandwiches. But I can't understand why people would go to Subway instead of a good po boy place in New Orleans, a good hoagie place around here, a good NYC area deli, or a beef on weck in Buffalo. Other areas have characteristic food, too. I can get a good po boy in Wilmington, for that matter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom