Lab analysis of Subway tuna sandwiches fails to identify tuna DNA (1 Viewer)

Cheesesteaks FTW!

I actually ate a Subway tuna sub yesterday. I rarely eat Subway, but it was the closest place on a rainy day at work. That, and most of the usual options are still closed. :rant:

That said, the sandwich wasn't too bad. Nothing close to a good poboy or other good sub shop, but it still hit the spot. I dunno what I'll get for lunch tomorrow though. I wish there was a Jason's Deli in DC. Meh.
I stopped Subways a long time ago but this whole thing cements it. But, I have to be honest, I did used to eat at Quiznos for their toasted sammies but there seems to not be any left in this area. I think those are totally gone now. And there's Jersey Mike's now down here which I only had once. Also -- sorry, Drew -- never had a Jimmy John's.

I stopped Subways a long time ago but this whole thing cements it. But, I have to be honest, I did used to eat at Quiznos for their toasted sammies but there seems to not be any left in this area. I think those are totally gone now. And there's Jersey Mike's now down here which I only had once. Also -- sorry, Drew -- never had a Jimmy John's.

Jimmy John's is like taking everything that's bad about a piece of white bread and then amplifying by 10.

I like subway.....we get it a couple times a month. BMT on Italian herb toasted with every veggie they have salt pepper oil vinegar and mayo. Been eating it that way for 20 years....except early on they only had white buns and cut it the better way.

Monosodium Glutamate is Japanese. Which is why it got a bad rep in murica for a while....Politics.
My sister used to always specify "no MSG" when ordering Chinese. I appreciate her attempts at eating healthier, though our attempts are frequently opposite as to what "healthy" constitutes. And when she does this, I just have to laugh because there's no way to prove whether the restaurant is honoring her request; and, frankly, I figure there's no way most of them were. I found it to be a false sense of security.

I still eat the occasional BMT at subway though I generally agree that other sub shops do it better.

there is one combination of sauces that is still pretty spectacular. The southwest chipotle and the sweet onion sauce in equal parts make the BMT pop.

My sister used to always specify "no MSG" when ordering Chinese. I appreciate her attempts at eating healthier, though our attempts are frequently opposite as to what "healthy" constitutes. And when she does this, I just have to laugh because there's no way to prove whether the restaurant is honoring her request; and, frankly, I figure there's no way most of them were. I found it to be a false sense of security.
Placebo effect is a thing

Yeah, I have a feeling, though, that the placebo effect does nothing to enhance one's longevity and good health.
It's too early to say, but more and more studies are linking the placebo effect to better outcomes during disease and thus expected longer health spans.

I still eat the occasional BMT at subway though I generally agree that other sub shops do it better.

there is one combination of sauces that is still pretty spectacular. The southwest chipotle and the sweet onion sauce in equal parts make the BMT pop.
You hit on something very important. I used to eat Subway, but they first turned me off by changing how they cut the bread. The Subways by me would not cut it the old way even if you requested it.
Why did they change it? Were they being muscled by Big Pogie?

You hit on something very important. I used to eat Subway, but they first turned me off by changing how they cut the bread. The Subways by me would not cut it the old way even if you requested it.
Why did they change it? Were they being muscled by Big Pogie?
Im not familiar with any bread cutting change. That’s interesting. Jimmy Johns is better bread and better product between, but the way they put the meat together always forms a slick surface with the bread and all the guts of your sandwich want to scoot out the side with every bite. Kind of changes the way you eat the thing.

I like subway.....we get it a couple times a month. BMT on Italian herb toasted with every veggie they have salt pepper oil vinegar and mayo. Been eating it that way for 20 years....except early on they only had white buns and cut it the better way.

Im not familiar with any bread cutting change. That’s interesting. Jimmy Johns is better bread and better product between, but the way they put the meat together always forms a slick surface with the bread and all the guts of your sandwich want to scoot out the side with every bite. Kind of changes the way you eat the thing.

I quoted the wrong dude. Meant to quote Orion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom