Lack of run game almost costs us a 21pt lead (1 Viewer)

C'mon man.

They some how have a softer, younger, worse secondary than we do... if we DONT try to exploit that we are not trying to win the game.

Our offense had the right game plan, we put up 41. The reason why it was close was because the Panthers got 3 PI calls inside the 2 yard line. Our defense did some nice things in the game, but they are still vulnerable.

No. The Panthers were determined not to let our run game get going-as noted above its one of the only things they've been successful doing this year.
When you complete 70% of your pass attempts at nearly 10 yards a pop-running the ball is suboptimal. Witness the game winning drive.

Carolina is the 4th ranked rushing defense. It's literally the only thing they are really good at.

If we go run heavy in the 2nd half, you are just running into 3 and outs. Ingram was only averaging 3 yards a carry. Staying aggressive and tiring their defense out was the right move. And we ended up scoring 20 more points in the 2nd half.

That is true our running game wasn't there all game a 2 I think maybe 3 decent first down runs but other than that it was going no where. We would of been kicking after 3 and out and giving them just another short field. Almost every drive the Saints had was backed up deep in their own territory, we almost lost the game on that alone. Meanwhile Panthers had short fields all game long.

Our guards were not going to be able to stand up to Star and Short and then get to the next level and engage Davis and Kuechley. Wasn't going to happen. I would have hoped that we could have attacked the edges a little more to slow down the pass rush but in the end we didn't need to. You can't run the ball when your defense is a wet napkin. They scored 35 second half points including 21 in the 4th quarter... Ridiculous.

Carolina is the 4th ranked rushing defense. It's literally the only thing they are really good at.

If we go run heavy in the 2nd half, you are just running into 3 and outs. Ingram was only averaging 3 yards a carry. Staying aggressive and tiring their defense out was the right move. And we ended up scoring 20 more points in the 2nd half.

Exactly Bonchie , If you promote running just for running's sake then you don't really know what's going on . It's like trying to break through a wall when it's way more easy to just throw around it SMH

We still have a void of talent in the offensive line and were playing with backups at both tackle and guard, offense did sell despite not being full strength any any game this season.

It's hard to fault the gameplan of the offence when we score 41 points, also, I actually don't think our defence was too bad today.. Can't wait to add Breaux and Rankins into the team... and dare i say Ellerbe? :scratch:

If you score 38 at home, you are not supposed to be going down the field for a game winning field goal in the waning seconds.

It's still all about this defense for 3 seasons running now.

Just can't create a negative play and definitely can't cause turnovers on any kind of consistent basis. Do that and you can give up 450 yards per game and win these games easily.

Maybe with a healthy OL we run more today.

But without a true run blocking TE and no swing tackle we just had to play a different stratagy.

It's hard to fault the gameplan of the offence when we score 41 points, also, I actually don't think our defence was too bad today.. Can't wait to add Breaux and Rankins into the team... and dare i say Ellerbe? :scratch:

Sterling Moore getting hurt today was huge...

They targeted Dixon left and right. And they should, he was on the street all year.

Top 4 run defense, yet giving up dang near 10 yards per attempt and 70% completions. Yup. Definitely gotta run the ball up the gut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a big, physical defensive line and three of the fastest linebackers in the league. Yards on the ground are not easily came by unless you have equally talented players on our line. Only guy on our line with considerable talent right now is Andrus Peat. The rest are a serviceable backup in Kelemete, a gritty technician at center, and two aging vets that can still get it done to an extent in Evans and Strief. Once Landon Turner is ready to step up and be a starter, he'll do so. And we also really, really need Terron Armstead nice and healthy going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom