Ladies and Gentleman...Thomas Morstead!! (1 Viewer)

saintsinNO

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
With all of the fireworks and defense today I just wanted to give some credit to Morstead. Great on kickoffs and had a 52.0 yard avg. on punts. Because the score got blown open this isn't as important, but it is a big part of the game and he is helping the field position game a lot. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it seems like we finally are putting it all together...

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I have to agree. When we drafted him, I thought to myself, "What a waisted trade and pick". I was wrong. This guy is proving to be worth the trade and pick. Great leg, great hang time and great kick off distance. Could he be a Morten Anderson type?

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just don't kick the ball out of bounds on kickoffs anymore...otherwise...yeah, he's been a stud.

OP
saintsinNO

saintsinNO

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I have a feeling that in a closer game he could really be the different for this team. The hit by Jenkins on that punt was made possible by Morstead pinning him to the sideline...

Red Mosquito

Unthought Known
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dude keep this up he's headed to the probowl. Great draft pick. Shows you just how much us fans know about football in general.

new city champ

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agree. I was among those who carped on the move up to draft him in the 5th round. He's shown so far that he was well worth the price. His punting has shown both great power and directional control. His double duty on kick offs are what really take it up a notch. Consistently to the goal line or better with good hang time. Note how often our coverage team is inside the twenty on first contact. Great pick so far. Good weapon. Makes is easier to hang on to Carney.

saintlyn8

cool brees
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
absofrigkenlutely! Kid has played great! Its amazing what a good kickoff / Punter can do for your team.

duckjr78

Look out, its FrankenBaby
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, he is a excellent addition to the team!

stevo3

LIVIN DA DREAM
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Exactly why it wasn't a wasted draft pick as so many believed it was...his ability to consistently kick it into the endzone and/or inside the 5 is awesome, but the ability to change field position on punts is outstanding and can really be a difference maker in a close game.

CaliSaint4Life

Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
This kid HAS been lights out for us. Good move by the F.O.

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Bump. Good thread by the OP.

DeShawn Jackson was not giving us headaches ...mainly because of Morstead's hang times, and his directional punts (pinning him in to the sidelines).

In Morstead, we have a great one. He may very well be a Pro Bowler in his rookie season. :9:

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom