Ladies and Gentleman...Thomas Morstead!! (1 Viewer)

saintsinNO

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
With all of the fireworks and defense today I just wanted to give some credit to Morstead. Great on kickoffs and had a 52.0 yard avg. on punts. Because the score got blown open this isn't as important, but it is a big part of the game and he is helping the field position game a lot. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it seems like we finally are putting it all together...

I have to agree. When we drafted him, I thought to myself, "What a waisted trade and pick". I was wrong. This guy is proving to be worth the trade and pick. Great leg, great hang time and great kick off distance. Could he be a Morten Anderson type?

Just don't kick the ball out of bounds on kickoffs anymore...otherwise...yeah, he's been a stud.

I have a feeling that in a closer game he could really be the different for this team. The hit by Jenkins on that punt was made possible by Morstead pinning him to the sideline...

Dude keep this up he's headed to the probowl. Great draft pick. Shows you just how much us fans know about football in general.

Agree. I was among those who carped on the move up to draft him in the 5th round. He's shown so far that he was well worth the price. His punting has shown both great power and directional control. His double duty on kick offs are what really take it up a notch. Consistently to the goal line or better with good hang time. Note how often our coverage team is inside the twenty on first contact. Great pick so far. Good weapon. Makes is easier to hang on to Carney.

absofrigkenlutely! Kid has played great! Its amazing what a good kickoff / Punter can do for your team.

Exactly why it wasn't a wasted draft pick as so many believed it was...his ability to consistently kick it into the endzone and/or inside the 5 is awesome, but the ability to change field position on punts is outstanding and can really be a difference maker in a close game.

Bump. Good thread by the OP.

DeShawn Jackson was not giving us headaches ...mainly because of Morstead's hang times, and his directional punts (pinning him in to the sidelines).

In Morstead, we have a great one. He may very well be a Pro Bowler in his rookie season. :9:

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom