Ladies... STAY CALM... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
We are in the FIRST year of a new regime... Lets take the Bengals... In thier first year with a new regime (Marvin and company) they went 8-8... The NFL was a blaze about them... Wow what a job. We will win at least 3 or 4 more games... Don't you understand... WE WON 3 GAMES LAST YEAR!!!!!!! Hurricane or not we still only won 3 games... Man, don't you remember the last time we had a new staff come in and do good right away... THEY WORKED OUT GREAT! This whole year has been like Christmas... This team is not the Saints of old. We are well coached and more disciplined... Enjoy this year for what it is... A GREAT TURN AROUND!!!! And in the 2008 season if we are 8-8 or 3-13... If Payton and Gibbs have had time to get the players and the system they want in place and the defense still is terrible... then I will jump on the hate train with you, but right now just clap and scream for OUR New Orleans Saints... They are playing well guys... Our defense is severely out matched, our Offense makes mistakes, but each week but these guys are fighting for us, so the least we could do is be positive... Good night and drink beer...

Last edited:
Still cheering for the Saints, no question, but there comes a time whe the Saints Goggles have to come off. We got our brows beaten today. First time all year that's truly happened. But it shows our uglier side, and if the postseason is our goal, then we can't look bad against other playoff-caliber teams.

The same performances that let us skate by Cleveland and Green Bay will get us obliterated by higher talent teams.

Last year we weren't a horrible team. We blew some close games that I truly feel we lost because of fatigue and uncertainty.

Nice post, the only thing I diagree with is the BEER. I prefer a sweet Merlot....:)
Drew is still "killing himself" over the INT's.....
As long as we beat the dirty birds......
I am enjoying the ride, even though we hit a few pot holes here and there.....
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!

Yep. We have a bona fide top 5 QB

We have had an amazing draft class, including offensive rookie of the year

Payton inherited a defense lacking anything resembling competent

We have papered over the cracks and are in the hunt for the playoffs

Long term we look good. Short term better than expected

We're back at the superdome. I'm delighted. I could barely be happier

"I was upset about having no shoes, until I met the man who had no feet"

Our D didn't do too bad yesterday. They weren't great, but they weren't terrible. The week before, Cincy's highpowered offense scored 41 on the NFL's #2 D, we held them to 24. We stop the turnovers, and we'll win.

HAHA great title and I agree I think we all should be grateful how well the season has turned out. I think people are getting a little greedy.

We are in the FIRST year of a new regime... Lets take the Bengals... In there first year with a new regime (Marvin and company) they went 8-8... The NFL was a blaze about them... Wow what a job. We will win at least 3 or 4 more games... Don't you understand... WE WON 3 GAMES LAST YEAR!!!!!!! Hurricane or not we still only won 3 games... Man, don't you remember the last time we had a new staff come in and do good right away... THEY WORKED OUT GREAT! This whole year has been like Christmas... This team is not the Saints of old. We are well coached and more disciplined... Enjoy this year for what it is... A GREAT TURN AROUND!!!! And in the 2008 season if we are 8-8 or 3-13... If Payton and Gibbs have had time to get the players and the system they want in place and the defense still is terrible... then I will jump on the hate train with you, but right now just clap and scream for OUR New Orleans Saints... They are playing well guys... Our defense is severely out matched, our Offense makes mistakes, but each week but these guys are fighting for us, so the least we could do is be positive... Good night and drink beer...

This is exactly the way I have felt all year. We are in rebuilding mode. If we steal a trip to the playoffs in year one, then great. What's more important, though, is that they show improvement, start getting the right players in place, and be competitive. They have done all that. It's nuts when people want to climb out on the ledge when the team comes up short.

frankly....the reason we lost was the 2 int in the end one....too much passing in the red zone particularly vs the Bengals. Colston not being there didn't help either. A turning point for me was the failure to get a first down on the 5 yd line & settle for a field goal.

having said that...I'd rather be fixing mistakes D Brees made than wholesale fixes in other areas. I have confidence he will make the corrections. This is our time for these types of numerous mistakes. This too will pass. There is still a huge part of the season before us.

Great post Scandalous.... that's right... yesterday I was ready to kick the wife and divorce my dog... couldn't find anything good about our second loss in a row.. to an inferior team.... but after calming down... I realized... We've got one of the best, coolest qb's in the league... Reggie's learning.. he's taking the hard path 'tween the tackles' more and more.... Duece continues to show his class, and ferocity up the middle, Joe Horn is back... Marques Colston..( I love that kid), is going to be one of the best receivers in the NFL, and he's wearing black and gold!... Charles Grant, also one of the best.. along with Will Smith... then you've got Fujita, Simoneau, Shanle, real linebackers! Stoutmire was in almost every tackle... we've got it guys... a few mental mistakes yes... but this ain't your daddy's Saints.... and we've got a coach who's shown he knows how to turn things around... 3-13, and now we're crying because we're only halfway throught the season, we're tied at the TOP of the division... even if we lose every game for the rest of the year.. we DOUBLED our win total of last year. Now, I don't think we're going to lose that many more... We're going into Atlanta with something to prove.. that we're not the 'same ol'..... and Sean's going to prove it... lighten up some... give 'em their props... they deserve our support... these guys are good.

Last edited:
Its all about people's hopes. Coming strong out of the gates raised all of our hopes. When the season began, noone expected this team to be a contender. Before the back to back loses, everyone believed that we were truly a contender for the playoffs. We started getting notoriety amonst the many sports guys and everyone began shouting playoffs. It seems we have come back to earth and a lot of the fans are having a hard time accepting that. I still believe that we are in the playoff hunt and are still a team to be reckoned with, but we are still in the first year of a rebuilding process. People just have to realize what this team is and where we are heading. With the character guys that we are assembling this team with, I don't see how we cannot be a great team for years to come. But as with everything else, it takes time and some people lack the patience for it after so many frustrating years of failure. I am already proud of MY Saints, for their hard work and effort just to get to where they are at this point of the year and I realize that we still have a long way to go. Stay behind your team fellas and I know we won't be disappointed with the end result.

HAHA great title and I agree I think we all should be grateful how well the season has turned out. I think people are getting a little greedy.

Exactly.... I saw someone posted they want Venturi back... Man, I started getting dizzy.

I hope Drew Brees don't keep knocking himself across the head over those INT's, that man already gets hard on himself, he definately has my support, i believe it wasnt' TOTALLY his fault on one of those INT, he could have thought a little harder on the second one where there were clearly none of our guys standing there, But then again Maybe it was a play where someone "WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THERE"? hmmm we'll never know because this New Team mindset is. WE GO DOWN AS A "TEAM" not as an indiviual.
I like finally having a QB that doesn't blame everybody else and throw his stats in your face everytime he screws up, With Drew his Comments are almost always "We, Us, and Our" but this week he mostly blamed himself but did it cleverly to not say "Me, Them, or Him", I like the fact when he talks he sounds more intelligent and more political than our President.

Alot of you guys don't realise that we've only really been beaten by 1 team this season, the rest we beat ourselves, but we almost always wrestled ourselves back, I can only imagine how this team will look if we can stop tripping over our own feet each game.. MAN What a season that will be!

Hey, I think we ladies are pretty cool about the team; it's the guys who are freaking out!! :badmood:

j/k :ezbill: Seriously, there are lots of good points in this thread. I do think we all got our hopes up and now we're disappointed. But hey, isn't eternal, unbridled optimism a hallmark of a Saints fan??

Keep the faith, guys and gals!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom