Lafayette Area (1 Viewer)

G3tY4S0m3

"Money"
Reaction score
Well everyone knows that Lafayette area has been hit hard by the downturn in the O&G industry. I've recently become one of the casualties. I'm reaching out in hopes of any opportunity you may have, contact you may be able to help me with, or just general advice. Please feel free to PM me.

Brief Sum up of my Res:
B.S. Engineering - Industrial Technology(3.95 GPA in ITEC courses). (Education, and ability to learn)
15 years in Oil & Gas with continuous progression.(Dedication, and Initiative)
Only 2 companies over the 15 years.(Loyalty)
Technician, Trainer, and Quality Control Roles. (Multi-discipline)

I've attached my resume below. I'm looking for an opportunity to either begin a new career path, or continue along the lines of what I've amassed thus for.

SUMMARY
Looking for an opportunity to further my career by bringing my education and work experience in several industrial disciplines including management of employees, skills training, quality control, technical troubleshooting, and ability to work individually, as well as part of a successful team to your company.

EXPERIENCE
MWD Services, LLC January 2012 - January 2016
Quality Control Manager / Electronics Technician
Implement new Customer Reporting including Failure Analysis, Root Cause Reports, and Corrective Action Reports using MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe pdf.
Implement new, and improve old company policies and procedures.
Ensure part and order accuracy based off of schematics, drawings, and order.
Ensure Inventory Control across multiple warehouse locations, and remote field locations.
Ensure continuous improvement of technicians through ongoing training and skills reinforcement.
Maintain a professional working relationship with all vendors (sales & technical support).
Provide 24/7 Senior Technical Assistance to shop and field engineers.
Train technicians and field engineers on policies and procedures.
Perform maintenance to all Electronic Devices including disassembly, inspection, testing, and assembly.
Testing from module level to board level of PLC’s.
Use Oscilloscope, Insulation Tester, and Digital Multi-meter to perform voltage, current, frequency, and resistance check on electronic systems (28 volt, and 36 volt) and electrical systems (110V).
Use general hand/power tools, as well as specialized tools for assembly and disassembly of modules.
Use proprietary CMMS software for maintenance documentation.
Load/Unload trucks via overhead crane, boom crane, and forklift.

Philliber Directional Drilling July 2001 - December 2011
MWD Manager/Lead Field Engineer/Technician/Trainer
Provide 24/7 Senior Technical Assistance to shop and field technicians.
Train Field Engineers on policies and procedures.
Oversaw and ensured efficiency of onsite engineering jobs.
Ensure Inventory Control of all company assets across main location, and remote field locations.
Use Insulation Tester, and Digital Multi-meter to perform voltage, current, frequency, and resistance check on electronic systems (28 volt, and 36 volt) and electrical systems (110V).
Use general hand/power tools, as well as specialized tools for assembly and disassembly of modules.
Maintain a professional working relationship with all vendors (sales & technical support).
Load/Unload trucks via overhead crane, and forklift.
Perform general maintenance (buffing, and painting) of downhole tubulars.

EDUCATION
University of Louisiana at Lafayette 2005 - 2010
Bachelor of Science (BS), College of Engineering - Industrial Technology
3.382 GPA cumulative
3.95 GPA in Industrial Technology courses.

SKILLS
-Quality Assurance -Training -Troubleshooting -Teamwork -Inventory Control -Customer Reporting -Advanced Computer Skills

REFERENCES
Available upon request

Sorry for your struggles. I wish you nothing but the best.

At least one person stops by my shop everyday asking for a job. I had to lay someone off a few months back. Its horrible to see so many good, hard-working people struggle.

Certainly is, everyone has been affected. I spoke to a friend of a friend who is a Project Manager and even he said he is so inundated with Resumes that he literally just grabs at random 5 or 10 of 200 and looks at those. So not only is there many more applicants for each job but many hiring managers do like him so even a good Resume isn't cutting it anymore. I've always been taught get a good education, and work hard in order to prosper. The American Dream. Now on top of that I'm being taught that some good fortune or luck is needed too. While it seems unfair to some, I have to say I understand. If I'm in his position, he has to make a decision and can't comb through hundreds and hundreds of resumes and miss a deadline he has or his job could be in jeopardy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom