Lake Borgne Surge Barrier gates open or closed? (1 Viewer)

Charlie Brizzown

Good grief
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of a web site or a number to call to find out in advance when the Lake Borgne Surge Barrier gates might be closed? I know a few people who were fishing outside of the barrier yesterday and were locked out because the gates had closed.

i'm pretty sure it would be the Corps who controls it. but i thought it only closed when a storm was threatening? it only actually closed for the 1st time for Isaac. maybe they were testing it?

I was under the same impression. There's gotta be a web site or number to call to find out. No luck with google yet.

Where is that gate?? I launch off of Paris Road, and they close the gates by the castle on a somewhat regular basis.... I was directed to the corps. office for information, then found out that most launches should have that number if you need it.

PS Now's a good time to fish, we raked in trout, drum, and a couple reds Sunday morning and made a nice victory meal for the game

Where is that gate?? I launch off of Paris Road, and they close the gates by the castle on a somewhat regular basis.... I was directed to the corps. office for information, then found out that most launches should have that number if you need it.

PS Now's a good time to fish, we raked in trout, drum, and a couple reds Sunday morning and made a nice victory meal for the game

All of the gates along that barrier were closed. Thanks for the tip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom